North Carolina PTCAS 2023-2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmoock

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I applied to several schools in NC this week (WCU, HPU, Elon, Wingate, Duke, and UNC). Wanted to start a thread to see if anyone else has applied yet and stay updated on when different schools start to release interview dates/decisions! Best of luck to anyone else who applied for this cycle!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, also an NC resident, only applying to public schools but w/in NC I'm applying to WCU, UNC and ECU - best of luck to anyone as well!

Hey! I am also applying to some NC schools (Duke and UNC) as well as a couple out of state (MUSC, Tufts-Phoenix, and UAB)! I have applied to Duke and MUSC so far, planning on submitting UNC and Tufts this week and then holding off on UAB until I see about interviews at Duke and UNC. If I get interviews I might not apply there, so it's up in the air! When did you submit your Duke application?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I applied to ECU, UNC, HPU, WCU, ETSU, and USC. I submitted my applications the first week of August and received an an interview for High Point about a week ago!! I've read that ECU, Western, and UNC interviews are in mid-November and they send out invites sometime in mid-late October.

Hi! I applied to ECU, UNC, HPU, WCU, ETSU, and USC. I submitted my applications the first week of August and received an an interview for High Point about a week ago!! I've read that ECU, Western, and UNC interviews are in mid-November and they send out invites sometime in mid-late October.
I also received an interview invitation for High Point, good luck to you! If UNC and Western give interviews later in November, do you know how long High Point will save your seat before accepting/declining an offer of admission. Ideally, I like to hear back from each school before putting down a deposit anywhere.

I also received an interview invitation for High Point, good luck to you! If UNC and Western give interviews later in November, do you know how long High Point will save your seat before accepting/declining an offer of admission. Ideally, I like to hear back from each school before putting down a deposit anywhere.
Good luck to you as well! From what I've read from previous year forums and online it sounds like High Point starts to send acceptance letters out ~4 weeks after your interview.

This is what High Points website says "Those who have been invited to join the program will be given a deposit deadline, which will generally be 2 weeks, to decide to join the program and confirm their acceptance with a deposit. After the deadline, a place in the program is not guaranteed but neither is the candidate disqualified unless the class reaches its maximum size, in which case, the candidate will be placed on a wait list. This process will continue until the class is filled. There will be no limit to the wait list."

I've heard back for an interview for UNC, but ECU has been awfully quiet! Has anyone heard anything yet, I think it years past ECU always goes out before UNC but who knows!

I still haven't heard anything from ECU either. I am honestly surprised that it seems like nobody has heard yet. Hopefully we start hearing soon!

Did anyone else apply to WCU and have them not be accommodating for conflicting interview dates?

Did anyone else apply to WCU and have them not be accommodating for conflicting interview dates?
Yes! It’s so frustrating especially because a lot of the dates conflict:(

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone ask about moving an in-person interview to virtual? (For WCU)

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard updates from WCU or ECU yet?
Probably wait until December for initial letters. I got off the wait list in March so don’t lose hope. People in my cohort got accepted in June and the program starts in August. Don’t. lose. hope.

For anyone who has heard back from any schools, what were your stats? And when did you apply and when did you hear back?

Just heard back from Western, congrats to everyone who was accepted!!

Just received acceptance to Western! They were my top choice so I am committed! Will be letting other schools know so hopefully that helps some people on other waitlists

Just received acceptance to Western! They were my top choice so I am committed! Will be letting other schools know so hopefully that helps some people on other waitlists
I committed too!! See you in August :)

Congrats to everyone that got into WCU. If you didn’t get an initial acceptance, don’t lose hope. I got off the wait list in March. Keep the faith.

For anyone who has heard back from any schools, what were your stats? And when did you apply and when did you hear back?
I am basically finished with the application process at this point. I did not have the most standout application by any means. (3.6 cumulative and 3.65 prereq) (149, 152, and 4 on GRE) (1000 hours working as a tech, which got me great letters of req + 30 hours in different settings) plus a few leadership roles and a CSCS certification. I earned acceptance from WCU, Wingate, waitlist from ECU and still waiting on WSSU's decision. I applied in late August and heard back from these programs between November and December. I hope this helps you

What interview group were you in? Do you know if everyone was supposed to hear back on Friday?

For those who have not heard from Western... should we assume waitlist or do you think they will gradually keep sending the acceptances out?

How long after your acceptance did you find out which campus you were going to be at?
You get to choose what campus, with respect to openings. But it's usually the first or second email after you pay the deposit.

Congrats to everyone that got into WCU. If you didn’t get an initial acceptance, don’t lose hope. I got off the wait list in March. Keep the faith.
Did you get an email saying you were on the waitlist? Or are you supposed to automatically assume if we haven’t heard by now?

Wait which interview session were you at?? I was in group 1 during the afternoon session on the 18th!
haha yeah not to sound weird but I am pretty sure Ik you based on ur user name but Ill dm u lol

Hey! Anyone get any word from WSSU abt an interview or an answer? WSSU website and PTCAS give different deadlines from what I can see and different admissions processes as well so any help is appreciated!

Hey! Anyone get any word from WSSU abt an interview or an answer? WSSU website and PTCAS give different deadlines from what I can see and different admissions processes as well so any help is appreciated!
If i remember correctly, during WSSU's virtual open house they said that they will send out offers after the new year.

If i remember correctly, during WSSU's virtual open house they said that they will send out offers after the new year.
Thanks so much! Do you remember them saying anything about interviews like when they were or if they did them at all?

You get to choose what campus, with respect to openings. But it's usually the first or second email after you pay the deposit.
Great ty! Do you have a preference on which one you like more?

Great ty! Do you have a preference on which one you like more?
I like both, but I’m at the Cullowhee location which is the main campus. Biltmore park people have to commute once a week for in person class and whenever there’s anatomy exams due to the cadavers only being in Cullowhee. But if you like city life and or have a partner that lives or works in Asheville, then that’s your location. If not and you like the mountain life or even if you’re from the city(like me) and want to live in the rural area for a first time, you’ll do fine and will enjoy the area.

Did you get an email saying you were on the waitlist? Or are you supposed to automatically assume if we haven’t heard by now?
I’m not sure when or if that’s supposed to go out but you can email Ms. Donaldson to ask but wait until mid December to email.

I was accepted to Wingate!

Reactions: 1 users
I like both, but I’m at the Cullowhee location which is the main campus. Biltmore park people have to commute once a week for in person class and whenever there’s anatomy exams due to the cadavers only being in Cullowhee. But if you like city life and or have a partner that lives or works in Asheville, then that’s your location. If not and you like the mountain life or even if you’re from the city(like me) and want to live in the rural area for a first time, you’ll do fine and will enjoy the area.
So are Asheville classes mostly remote then?

So are Asheville classes mostly remote then?
Hey sorry for the late response, but no. You'll have a faculty member present during your classes. Especially for the hands on skill-based courses.

I got admission offer from Elon?
Anyone knows anything abt their DPT program?