Old Anesthesia Textbooks - what to do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kidthor

meep
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you all do with your old anesthesia textbooks? I'm decluttering for new year's eve (it's wild at the kidthor house) so I'm deciding what to do with mine.

Do you keep any? Or are we all in the era of everything's digital anyway?

Members don't see this ad.

It’s more for decor/display at homes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Borrowing from another thread.

Leave it in your nightstand. Open it up and try to get through a chapter when you can’t fall asleep.

A few years back, I sold a bunch on eBay for $1. With shipping, I essentially paid to have someone take them off my hands. Hopefully some frugal resident was able to make good use of them.

There is a book drop near me that claims they will take any and all books. I dropped some off there. What they do with them beyond that is anyone’s guess.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm in the same declutter mode with a reno vs move on the horizon and I don't these textbooks are making the cut. So many of them are on kindle now as said above you just need to hope a resident looking to taken them off your hands wants them and yes, you'll be paying to have them take them.

I'd rather decorate my shelf with Ron Chernow, Erik Larson, and Mick Herron novels tbh (which will probably impress the same amount of ladies)

If there was a cheap way to get them to some third world hospitals, that could be useful. One of our people used to do missions to Africa and would cart several over there and leave them. They take up so much room and are so heavy, so it would definitely impact the ease of travel for such a long distance. I live in the country and occasionally have big bonfires to get rid of fallen limbs. A few years back, I used several old texts to get the fire burning better. They were super effective in that role.

Reactions: 3 users
If people are trying to offload, I would be happy to buy them/pay for shipping. Maybe start a book exchange on the private forum? Haven’t been able to switch over to digital books yet.

Edit:
I also like collecting old texts. Have an anesthesia book that’s from the 60s that’s fun to read.

Last edited: