post-bacc questions please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tingteenfone

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I just have a question for those of you who finished a one year post-bacc programs. For you guys, how many units did you guys take per quarter? What about the whole entire school year?

I am enrolled in a one-year post-bacc program, it will start this month, however, my counselor told me most people take 4 to 8 units per quarter and thus a total of 24 units for the entire program, does this seem to little? She told me that the reason students take 1 to 2 classes each quarter was because they want to make sure they'll get all A's so there is no need to toughen up the course loads, is this right?

Anybody who did a one year program, please help and advise, thank you guys so much.

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently doing an informal post-bac. I took a class this summer and I will be taking one class this fall as well. I talked to a few schools and it is very important to get A's in all the classes because otherwise it is really not helping your GPA. I, however, will be working full time as well, so this limits the number of classes I could take. I would suggest taking two or three classes, taking more might be risky, but if can handle more and get A's in all of them, then there is no reason not too. Just be careful not to over-extend yourself and get into trouble with doing poorly in a class or too.

I'm taking a one year program right now...I'm required to complete 30 credit hours to get my degree. I'm taking 15 credit hours now.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm taking a one year program right now...I'm required to complete 30 credit hours to get my degree. I'm taking 15 credit hours now.

What degree will you end up with?

Hi was just wondering what the difference between a formal and informal post bac was and what the advantages of taking one over the other is. Also, how much more of a chance do you have of getting into a dental school if you get straight a's in a post bac program but have a below avg undergrad gpa (e.g. 3.0)

With a formal post bacc, you earn a degree. In an informal, you are just taking classes. If you have a 3.0 and get straight As in the post-bacc program, it shows that you can survive a tough curriculum.

Hi guys, I just have a question for those of you who finished a one year post-bacc programs. For you guys, how many units did you guys take per quarter? What about the whole entire school year?

I am enrolled in a one-year post-bacc program, it will start this month, however, my counselor told me most people take 4 to 8 units per quarter and thus a total of 24 units for the entire program, does this seem to little? She told me that the reason students take 1 to 2 classes each quarter was because they want to make sure they'll get all A's so there is no need to toughen up the course loads, is this right?

Anybody who did a one year program, please help and advise, thank you guys so much.

Try to push atleast 9 credit hours per semester.

PDG