Save me money spongebob

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thatguy23

Reaction score
Hey guys I've received a lot of great advice through my pre-med years lurking on this forum. I've been lucky enough to get 2 acceptances. CUSOM and WVSOM. I posted in the school X vs Y thread and got no love yet and I'm just hoping to get some opinions before I put down a deposit(s).

I'm leaning towards CUSOM (37K less per year). Any reason I should reconsider WVSOM?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on the acceptances! $148k difference in tuition would be hard to beat for me , personally. There'd have to be some VERY serious issues with the cheaper school for me not to choose it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on the acceptances! $148k difference in tuition would be hard to beat for me , personally. There'd have to be some VERY serious issues with the cheaper school for me not to choose it.

thanks for the reply. would 80% mandatory attendance w/ half days on Friday be a VERY serious issue? A 150K issue. I've read alot of conflicting comments on this.

Both have established programs, so the cheaper tuition is definitely a big factor. Also, it depends where you were most comfortable while interviewing and if you see yourself attending there.

Thanks for replying, I more comfortable at CUSOM.

thanks for the reply. would 80% mandatory attendance w/ half days on Friday be a VERY serious issue? A 150K issue. I've read alot of conflicting comments on this.

I couldn’t really answer this lol.. I’m still a premed; applying next year! To me it doesn’t sound like a huge deal but the general consensus seems to be that not going to lectures is the best way to do med school... idk.. Personally for $150k I think I could deal with going to lectures. But I think that’s a call you’ve gotta make for yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Goro would definitely appreciate your input before I type in my credit card number lol.

I went somewhere without a dress code and mandatory attendance. Just my perspective but congrats on having a choice:)

The total first year tuition for CUSOM is $73,525 whereas the first year tuition for WVSOM is $84,056.
So I don't know where you are getting the $37K less/year thing OP.

Source: webites of each school + calculator.

Reactions: 2 users
The total first year tuition for CUSOM is $73,525 whereas the first year tuition for WVSOM is $84,056.
So I don't know where you are getting the $37K less/year thing OP.

Source: webites of each school + calculator.
The 73 at cusom is cost of attendance (living expenses included) not tuition, I don’t know about wvsom

If you're oK with the mandatory attendance, the go for CUSOM.

Cueing @sb247 for comments!!
Just don’t think the dress or attendance code will change and you’ll be fine. The folks who had the hardest time were those who couldn’t just accept that was going to stay the rule

Reactions: 1 users
The 73 at cusom is cost of attendance (living expenses included) not tuition, I don’t know about wvsom
The first year tuition for wvsom that I stated is the total cost of attendance with living expenses included (My wording was not clear. My bad). It was not hard to find though. I was puzzled where op got the 37K diff/year.

The first year tuition for wvsom that I stated is the total cost of attendance with living expenses included (My wording was not clear. My bad). It was not hard to find though. I was puzzled where op got the 37K diff/year.

I'm puzzled as well, no idea how I missed that ( I went out and got drunk with my laser tag team last night. Crap! I never go out on Thursday night, what the hell was I thinking? ). Thanks for picking up my mistake - def not as clear cut now

so for ~ 10K / year is WVSOM worth it over CUSOM. Would there really be a difference besides mandatory lecture?