General Should I finish an associates in Medical Assisting and delay starting a bachelors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC_89

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello I am a non-trad looking to get on the right track. I stopped the associates because hello student loan debt (it was a technical school and cost $20k++) and I’ve been applying to bachelor programs but now I’m worried I won’t have good clinical employment/experience?

I am still unfamiliar with good clinical experience and the amount of hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As for good clinical experience, anything that deals with communicating and handling anyone on the public sector is a safe bet it's a good clinical experience-oriented job with a matter of adding on the hours. A very common one most undergrad and certificate holding students do is to be a phlebotomist or medical scribe. As for education, not much to say in ways of avoiding student debt (non-trad or not). Do you have a limit in terms of going to school part time with necessitated classes you might have in mind? Even if its one or two classes in a brick n mortar you'd at least be on the right track for your longterm goals (if that answers your question).

Members don't see this ad.

What is your career endpoint? If medical school, it really depends on whether or not you would use your medical assistant training for the hours. Same with phebotomy, if you do not intend to work in it for a time, do not sign up for it. I would generally be in favor of trying to transfer to a public community college or technical school to finish the program rather than a private one for the medical assistant, and go to a public school for phebotomy.

Status
Not open for further replies.