Sponsorship for international student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PeterP

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an international student in Texas pharmacy school. I am a P1 this year.I am curious what kind of sponsorship can we obtain after graduation if anyone can share?
One more question, have anyone got pick up for H1B as a pharmacy intern before graduation (I got my bachelor degree already)? If so, can you guys share your stories? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I am an immigrant. Although, a citizen of the US for the last 42 years. I am somewhat knowledgeable with H1B and immigration laws.

The H1B is a special visa that allows foreign nationals to perform specialty occupations in the United States. This work can be in - but is not limited to - any of the following fields:

architecture, engineering, mathematics, physical sciences, social sciences, medicine, health, education, business, law, accounting, theology, and the arts.

If an argument exists that the position requires a bachelor’s degree, then you may be eligible for an H1B. The work can be either full-time or part-time. Every year, there are 65,000 H1B visas made available. An additional 20,000 H1Bs exist for those with advanced degrees (masters, juris doctor, etc.) from US institutions

1)Pharmacy Intern (with a BS) should be able to obtain employment while pursuing a Pharm.D.
2)A Pharm.D. should place you in the "advanced degree" grouping for additional H1B visas

Getting sponsored by a future employer would be problematic. What incentive would a Chain Pharmacy, or major Hospital system have to sponsor you over the thousands of qualified US pharmacy grads ready to do the job?

GET A LAWYER, NOW!

And good luck.

Reactions: 1 user
It is possible to pick up a H1B sponsor but it is rare. It depends on the job market. If you see a lot of 50k sign on bonus jobs then your chance is good.