Study for Step 2 CS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VitaminK

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you study for the clinical skills part of step 2? If so how much, how long and what did you use? Do you think it is necessary to study?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have an answer? I bought the First Aid Clinical Skills book and was planning to just read through that, but wasn't going to do any major cramming like I've done for the clinical knowledge part. Those who have taken it already - did you think it required a lot of studying for? It just seems like I've been seeing patients so long in clinic that it'd be impossible to study for.

I took it Sunday, and no, I did not bother to prepare. Didn't have any problems. Just think of it as a straightforward day in clinic, and you should be ok.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took in LA back in September, spent a couple of days looking through first aid and the green NMS book.

The scenarios are all very basic and in hindsight my preparation was a touch of overkill.....

I would say brush on stuff that perhaps isn't second nature - CNS, psych, obs... and take time to practice scenarios and history and exams in real time - I think that's the best for repeativeness and focused preparation and will avoid any nerves on the day....

VitaminK said:
Did you study for the clinical skills part of step 2? If so how much, how long and what did you use? Do you think it is necessary to study?

Don't