UPenn Dental Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

submitted my supplemental app awhile ago... yet my status has not changed and i have not received an email saying my app is complete. anyone else experience this?
I submitted a week ago and I got the app completed email today. They said they won't be using the AADSAS application portal to update status.

Members don't see this ad.

I still haven't gotten the application complete email. I got the supplemental application received email on July 11th. (Submitted on July 2nd)

UPenn is slow to communicate. You’ll find after everything’s complete that they send you monthly emails regarding your app status and it completely throws you off Lmao. Many times I thought it was either an interview invitation or a rejection but nope.

Just gotta be patient. If you know everything was submitted you should be okay

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got a confirmation email about my application being complete a few hours ago. Anyone else?

I just realized I wrote p/f unranked for UPenn. Will this break my application? I did not make this a big part of my essay, just a sentence, but I feel like the rest of my content was strong. Sorry for being pretentious I'm just anxious during the waiting game.

I just realized I wrote p/f unranked for UPenn. Will this break my application? I did not make this a big part of my essay, just a sentence, but I feel like the rest of my content was strong. Sorry for being pretentious I'm just anxious during the waiting game.
take a deep breath, and relaaaaaax. Small things like that aren't going to ding you. If they're curious they can ask you in an interview, but I highly doubt they would.

I still haven't gotten the application complete email. I got the supplemental application received email on July 11th. (Submitted on July 2nd)
i received that email july 9th, but still no email saying app is complete. im getting nervous... u think we're good if everything in the portal says received?

Reactions: 1 user
i received that email july 9th, but still no email saying app is complete. im getting nervous... u think we're good if everything in the portal says received?
Yep, I think we’re good. Just gotta be patient.

I had a committee letter and 3 letters of recommendation from doctors. Penn got back to me that the letters from doctors needed a letterhead and a signature. I saw on the applicant portal, they technically only need a committee letter or letters from professors.
I had told the doctors that they needed to add signatures and letterheads and they said they would do it but they are very busy. One just submitted today.
I was wondering if Penn would not consider my application during this waiting period even though I technically fulfilled their letter of recommendation requirements?

I had a committee letter and 3 letters of recommendation from doctors. Penn got back to me that the letters from doctors needed a letterhead and a signature. I saw on the applicant portal, they technically only need a committee letter or letters from professors.
I had told the doctors that they needed to add signatures and letterheads and they said they would do it but they are very busy. One just submitted today.
I was wondering if Penn would not consider my application during this waiting period even though I technically fulfilled their letter of recommendation requirements?
I had a similar issue as one of my letter writers forgot to add a signature. The email that I received said "Once we receive the requested letter, we will continue to review your application." As stressful as it can be to get ahold of letter writers on short notice, I would just keep emailing, calling, etc. to get those resubmitted as soon as possible.

Members don't see this ad :)

I got the same email 🥲

I got the same email 🥲

It’s hard. Adding a letter head and signature is complex for some of these doctors. On top of running a practice, this is definitely the last thing they want to do. I don’t even know how to do it LOL

It’s hard. Adding a letter head and signature is complex for some of these doctors. On top of running a practice, this is definitely the last thing they want to do. I don’t even know how to do it LOL

Go to the upenn portal, and request a LOR send to the doc. They will get a link to upload.

I also got an email saying one of mine was missing a letterhead. But now I’m kind of confused. Are we supposed to resend our LORs in the application portal or do they just use them from AADSAS?

I hope it’s not a red flag. But I had a committee letter (all Penn wanted as a necessity) and three letters of recommendations from doctors.
They emailed me about the doctors not including signature and letterhead. 2 of them submitted. 1 of them really doesn’t know how to do it and apologizes because she is so busy. So I just excluded her recommendation request.
Really not trying to waste time of my application not being reviewed for one letter

i think invites are sent in small batches. i got an invite on a different day from the 'very first' invite sent.

Hey all! I submitted my supplemental at the beginning of August-just curious, anyone else apply this late and receive an interview? Not really a WAMC but I have a 24 AA and 4.0 cGPA.

Would y’all mind sharing your stats and when you applied please? Congratulations!
Notification date: 9/25
Method of notification: Email
Residency: PA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/12
Application complete date: 6/16
Submitted Supplemental: 8/9
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 4.0 Overall: 3.99
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26 AA, 25TS, 23PAT, No
Method of interview: Virtual

Reactions: 3 users
on the portal did anybody have a missing "technical and health standards form"? I just signed and uploaded this but don't know when it appeared

Notification date: 9/25
Residency: PA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/12
Application complete date: 6/16
Submitted Supplemental: 8/9
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 4.0 Overall: 3.99
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26 AA, 25TS, 23PAT, No
Congrats, do you know when you receive the completion email from UPENN?

Interview #3
Notification date: 10/4
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 5/30
Application complete date: 8/7
Submitted Supplemental: 8/4
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.76 Overall: 3.90
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): 26 AA, 26TS, 28PAT, 24RC

Interview #3
Notification date: 10/4
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 5/30
Application complete date: 8/7
Submitted Supplemental: 8/4
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.76 Overall: 3.90
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): 26 AA, 26TS, 28PAT, 24RC
does your portal have a technical and health standards form?

do you happen to know when this form appeared in your portal? I have one but didnt get an interview invite and am confused, thanks!

I actually have no idea, I just went into the portal randomly, and it was there

just got an invite this morning (11/1)!!

Interview #7
Notification date: 10/26
Residency: West coast
AADSAS mail-out date: June something
Application complete date: 8/3
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 4.0 Overall: 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): 24 AA, 23TS, 25PAT, 24RC

Got an Interview Invite Yesterday. 3.8 GPA 25 DAT, submitted supplemental early August