USMLEworld subject representation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

manning18

I've gone through about 800 of the 2100 USMLEworld (UW) questions. I was hoping that some people who have already taken Step 2-CK could comment on how accurately UW represents the various disciplines, in terms of representation on Step 2-CK. Basically, the question is: are the subjects that are tested most frequently on UW tested most frequently on Step 2-CK?.
The most frequently tested subjects in UW are, in order:
1. Pediatrics, 2. OB/GYNE, 3. Surgery/Trauma/EMED, 4, 5. Cardiology, GI/Hepatology (tied), 6. Psychiatry, 7. Heme/Onc, 8. Infectious Disease,
9. Pulmonary Disease, 10. Neurology, 11. Endocrinology.
These represent, roughly, 75% of UW questions. Would you agree that these represent a similar percentage of Step 2-CK? Please add in any other heavily represenedted sections that may have been omitted from this list. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

manning18 said:
I've gone through about 800 of the 2100 USMLEworld (UW) questions. I was hoping that some people who have already taken Step 2-CK could comment on how accurately UW represents the various disciplines, in terms of representation on Step 2-CK. Basically, the question is: are the subjects that are tested most frequently on UW tested most frequently on Step 2-CK?.
The most frequently tested subjects in UW are, in order:
1. Pediatrics, 2. OB/GYNE, 3. Surgery/Trauma/EMED, 4, 5. Cardiology, GI/Hepatology (tied), 6. Psychiatry, 7. Heme/Onc, 8. Infectious Disease,
9. Pulmonary Disease, 10. Neurology, 11. Endocrinology.
These represent, roughly, 75% of UW questions. Would you agree that these represent a similar percentage of Step 2-CK? Please add in any other heavily represenedted sections that may have been omitted from this list. Thank you!

you can also chk the beginning part when you create the test and see how many qs are in each section. yes, ob and peds are big ones

I got these rankings, if you will, by doing just that... determining which sections were assigned the most questions, of the total 2092 questions in UW. I took the top 11 and divided it by the 2092 total and that's how I came up with the estimate of 75%. My question was, basically, how accurate is this representation in the following sense: do the same sections that make up the vast majority of UW questions also make up the vast majority of questions on the actual Step 2-CK exam? Thanks!