Ventilator ?'s on Step II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

m4 galore

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Heard there are tons of questions about ventilator settings and abg's. Any good info on the subject would be appreciated.
thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I had a TON of ventilator settings, some were so esoteric that I think I have only heard upper levels talking about it. Yup, those were some hard questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody knows good books on ventilator ??? your answers will be greatly appreciated!!!

You know what, I wouldn't bother spending a ton of time on vent settings. While some people are getting vent questions on the real thing, others of us (like me and Global) didn't get any, so it doesn't seem very high yield.

If you really want to look at some information, my Mosby's "Practical Guide to the Care of the Medical Patient" has what appears to be a good summary (I've never read it!), several pages long in a nice outline format that appears to be pretty easy to get through. Any other medicine pocket book suitable for an intern (something you probably bought for third year medicine) should have a similar review, I would think. I wouldn't delve into it any deeper than that.

But do be sure you know your sensitivity / specificity and +/- predictive value formulas!