Want Rankings of Gas Programs? Look Here.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SecretGasList

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Below is a list of rankings of Anesthesiology programs from a leader in the field. He has been on the RRC and is at my home institution. He told us that "the list should never leave the room attached to my name as I dont want to hurt my friends feelings". Ok, well, here it is, not attached to his name, but for your reference, and for future reference of gas applicants. Many people have been told this list at my home program, so I don't know why it has not been leaked before, so here you go.

He based it on prestige, research, resident happiness, overall education, applicant competitiveness, and job opportunities. Basically, it's the official list you should apply from for 2008, and he told us to apply only to this list. He told us that any of these programs will prepare us for a future in Anesthesiology.

Separated by tiers, within the tiers there are no individual ranks. 4 tiers, covering the top 40 or so programs.

Oh. I wont respond to any pms. I wont sign into this account again. I am posting from a internet hotspot where I am vacationing. So, contest it amongst yourselves, but it is exactly as he put it. I apologize if your program is missing.

Enjoy.

1st Tier:

Cornell
Columbia
Brigham and Womens
Mass General
Johns Hopkins
UVA
Duke
Wake Forest
UAB
Mayo Rochester
University of Washington
UCSF
Stanford
UCLA

2nd Tier:

UPenn
UF
Emory
Vanderbilt
Northwestern
University of Chicago
University of Michigan
University of Texas, Galveston
Washington University
Medical College of Wisconsin
Loma Linda
UC-San Diego
Oregon Health Science Center

3rd Tier:

Dartmouth
University of Pittsburgh
University of Rochester
Yale
Iowa
Indiana U
University of Wisconsin- Madison
Rush Presbyterian
University of Tennessee- Knoxville
Medical University of South Carolina
Medical College of Georgia
Oschner Clinic
University of Texas, San Antonio
University of Texas, Houston
University of Kansas @ Kansas City
University of Nebraska
University of Colorado
University of Arizona - Tuscon
Virginia Mason

4th Tier:

University of Kentucky
University of Louisville
University of Mississippi
University of Miami
Mayo Clinic- Jacksonville
Scott & White - Texas A&M

Members don't see this ad.

thanks for the thought, but -
what? BID, MSSM, and NYU are not in the top 40 programs in the country? i'm sorry, but i have a hard time taking this list seriously.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the thought, but -
what? BID, MSSM, and NYU are not in the top 40 programs in the country? i'm sorry, but i have a hard time taking this list seriously.

Dont see UTSW or Cleveland Clinic there either. Oh well, there really is no good way to subjectively place programs into tiers, and everyones list will always vary.

i could make a similar list throwing darts at FREIDA.

everyone knows the brand name rep of the "top" 10-15 programs. beyond that, any type of list is wildly subjective. even within the first tier, you might not come out prepared for your career if you do not thrive in a given atmosphere.

approach such info with caution, newbies.

I think I saw Calvin peeing on this list on some redneck's rusted F-150 bumper sticker.

There are some obvious omissions on this list and some programs that I admit to ranking are on here that are definitely not better than those omitted.

Wow, a handful of those on the list actually seem accurate. I have to call BS on your list. You have a program on probation above top notch programs. You have programs that struggle to get their numbers and have some very unhappy residents above programs like BID and CCF. I am glad that you won't be commenting again on your list so you won't be able to defend it when everyone on here exposes it as hogwash. This looks to be a made up list.

So, I didn't want to have to spell it out, but it's obvious some people are upset about certain programs missing. I was very surprised when I saw the final list as well. I definitely expected CCF, UT-SW, BID, MSSM, NYU, even UNC, to be on the list of the top 40. This guy was on the RRC, and being a leader in Anesthesiology, he knows things you dont. He didn't want to offend his friends, and when asked about specific programs, he gave specific reasons. Some were overwork. Some were lack of educational priority. Some were in turmoil. Some just aren't as good as you might think. Oh. And while I'm at it (I was never supposed to post again, after all, and will stop after this), for probationary status, go here: http://www.acgme.org/adspublic/reports/accreditation_decisions.asp
No programs on THE list are on probation. Gern, you can call BS. Duckie, you can call obvious omissions. Trisomy, you can make the "random as a dartboard" analogy. Chips, you can be upset about programs he was specific about. Same goes for Ketafol. But at the end of the day, this is THE list, applicants of 2008.

So, I didn't want to have to spell it out, but it's obvious some people are upset about certain programs missing. I was very surprised when I saw the final list as well. I definitely expected CCF, UT-SW, BID, MSSM, NYU, even UNC, to be on the list of the top 40. This guy was on the RRC, and being a leader in Anesthesiology, he knows things you dont. He didn't want to offend his friends, and when asked about specific programs, he gave specific reasons. Some were overwork. Some were lack of educational priority. Some were in turmoil. Some just aren't as good as you might think. Oh. And while I'm at it (I was never supposed to post again, after all, and will stop after this), for probationary status, go here: http://www.acgme.org/adspublic/reports/accreditation_decisions.asp
No programs on THE list are on probation. Gern, you can call BS. Duckie, you can call obvious omissions. Trisomy, you can make the "random as a dartboard" analogy. Chips, you can be upset about programs he was specific about. Same goes for Ketafol. But at the end of the day, this is THE list, applicants of 2008.

Stop, my side hurts. Thanks for enlightening everyone to what the good programs are. You are a true asset.

Believe what you want, but the folks who make THE list are right here. Yup, it's us. Those of us posting right here every day. The programs we go to and talk about make up THE list. And that list changes all of the time.

Go where you want. Who cares what's on the stupid list.

I was never supposed to post again, after all, and will stop after this

Seriously, when will you stop? I was actually relieved in your first post when you said you wouldn't ever visit our little corner of the world again. Then you posted this. :(

I'd suggest finding a more exciting vacation spot next time. And maybe talk to the Mods. They can help you cancel your account. Then you'll REALLY never sign in again, right? We can only hope...

The top 13 programs in the country are listed on the final rankings post under my name. This list was published by the TRUE father of Anna Nicole Smiths kid. All other programs are garbage.

The top 13 programs in the country are listed on the final rankings post under my name. This list was published by the TRUE father of Anna Nicole Smiths kid. All other programs are garbage.

ROTFL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: