WesternU c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you guys think there's any point in me emailing or calling the admissions counselor on how much longer until I hear back about whether or not I would be getting off the waitlist? I know it's not a ranking or numbering system and I've heard from other sources that you're paired with a specific admitted student and only if they turn down their seat do you get an offer. But the people I've heard this from applied 2-3 years ago so I'm not sure if they still do this sort of waitlist system. If they do, I would like to know if the person I'm paired up with has accepted their seat or not so I know my chances and so I can start preparing to reapply again, but I'm not sure how I would bring this up to the admissions counselor.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you guys think there's any point in me emailing or calling the admissions counselor on how much longer until I hear back about whether or not I would be getting off the waitlist? I know it's not a ranking or numbering system and I've heard from other sources that you're paired with a specific admitted student and only if they turn down their seat do you get an offer. But the people I've heard this from applied 2-3 years ago so I'm not sure if they still do this sort of waitlist system. If they do, I would like to know if the person I'm paired up with has accepted their seat or not so I know my chances and so I can start preparing to reapply again, but I'm not sure how I would bring this up to the admissions counselor.

You can always ask. I will say when I asked last year they just gave me very vague answers saying that I could hear back any time until August. But they won’t tell you your chances of getting in or how they choose who gets pulled

Hey yall congrats on your acceptances !!! Here is the class page on FB if you have been looking for it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Any news on movement off of the waitlist lately? I received an email this morning confirming my interest in staying on it.

Any news on movement off of the waitlist lately? I received an email this morning confirming my interest in staying on it.
I got that email too and later in the evening I got another email saying that I was offered a seat! Will be accepting my seat and I hope you hear good news really soon!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know the current class number? The wait to be potentially pulled or not is killing me o_O