Medical What do I need to improve upon for reapplication?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBoneDoctah

Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a senior at an hbcu right now and I applied this cycle. I am URM (african-american) and female. My stats are MCAT: 508 and gpa 3.73 sgpa 3.56. This cycle I received 4 interviews. 2 at hbcu's, 1 at my state school, and the last at USC. I do not currently have any acceptances. I finished all secondaries by mid september. I have 2 summer research internships, 150 hours of clinical shadowing, 90 hours of community service, and various leadership positions such as Student Government and in clubs. What do I need to improve upon to get interest from schools like GW, Miami, Emory etc. This cycle has really worn me out but I am determined to persevere.
Do you have any clinical experience other than the shadowing? Also need more non-clinical volunteerism.

Members don't see this ad.

No I do not have any other clinical experience but I can certainly work on gaining this and volunteering more. Thank you for your response!
I agree, I think you need to increase your hours across the board. Obviously a higher MCAT would be nice too, but given the fact that you got 4 interviews this year I don't think that is what's holding you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.