What kind of Board scores does and IMG(St.Georges) need to get an IM Residency in NY?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HEME-ONC

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently applying to IM residencies all over NY. I would like to stay in NY and hopefully practice there.

I am an IMG from St. George's and was wondering if there were any other IMG's who are currently in IM residencies that could tell me what #'s for step 1 and step 2 are most programs looking for in NY?

What are some of the more competitive programs and the not so competitive programs in NY?

What programs provide an opportunity to do research in oncology?

I also would like to pursue a fellowship in Hematology/Oncology after my residency. Any tips on the best way to go about this?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Your best bet is to see where SGU and
Ross grads have matched in NYC over the past few years.The most competitive places are Columbia,Cornell,NYU,Motefiore they rarely take IMGs in medicine.Much less competitive but quite respectable are St Lukes-Roosevelt,Lenox Hill,Beth Israel,Maimonides,Downstate and some other hospitals in Brooklyn. Heme-Onc fellowships are only moderately competitive,most of the above mentioned hospitals have such a fellowship and if you do well as a resident it should not be a problem.Outside the NYC metro area most of the hospitals take IMGs for medicine without difficulty.