Dental When is a good time to take DAT exam in June if applying at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi -
I am planning to retake the DAT in June at the same time as I apply to dental schools for 2019. Please advise me if it would be best to take the DAT at the beginning of June, like June 7, mid-June 15, or end of June 29. I need more weeks to prepare after my semester holidays and it takes 2 to 3 weeks to get my official transcript from my school. In the meantime, I plan to prepare to apply all other materials for the schools.

Thanks in advance for your time
Since the cycle soft opens on May 15th, you can request your transcript right after your grades are posted and get it in, along with other things like LORs. I would probably take your DAT June 15th at the latest so your application can be complete by the end of June (since DAT scores can take 2-4 weeks to be verified as official). Taking it at the end of June would put your application being complete mid July, which isn't too bad but the earlier you can get it complete (like the end of June), the better your chances are for interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

I tell applicants to have everything done before July 1 when it comes to submitting transcripts, taking the DAT, and getting your evaluations submitted. You shouldn't have a problem if you take your DAT in June, but you need to make sure you adhere strictly to submitting everything else before July.

Status
Not open for further replies.