Where are the beautiful places?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FourthTime

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am currently a 3rd year and am interested in going to a residency in a beautiful place. What cities have the best combination of people and landscape? Not sure what I want to do yet, but thought this would be a fun thread for everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

dude, i cannot imagine a better place to do a residency than santa barbara....well, i can imagine some better places, but none that actually have a program...surf, hot chicks, sunshine, a short drive to LA and SF, hot chicks and there are some really hot chicks there.

i assume that attractive members of the opposite sex contributes to "landscape", right?

Northwestern Memorial. Steps away from Chicago's Mag Mile, Water Tower Place and the MCA. The perfect concrete landscape mixed with attractive visiting tourists/suburbanites. Sunshine and snow for variety.

USF in Tampa is beautiful, our hospital is on the corner of an island overlooking downtown Tampa and also Tampa Bay. One of my top 10 reasons why I like USF/TGH is because I can stare blankly out the window of the 8th floor while on rounds.

Q, DO

San Diego!! That city is so amazing! I am really disappointed that San Diego does not have a PM&R program? :confused:

LA?!? Not my cup of tea.

Try SEATTLE! :)

SEATTLE?

Three months out of the year....
yes, it is very nice.

Other than that...
RAIN, RAIN, RAIN
How can you possibly stand it?:eek:

in no particular order
burlington, vermont
portland, or
portland, me
s.f., ca
monterey bay area , ca
new hampshire in general
montreal, canada
australia

it all depends on your idea of nice

.....it's in the South without Southern weather. You have the Appilachean culture all around you, yet the city, from what I have heard (and seen first hand), has a more west coast feel (culturally progressive). And don't forget the Blue Ridge Mountains......

if only I wanted to go into Family Med or OB/GYN.....:mad:

Asheville has no west coast feel more than any other east coast city. Don't fool yourself.

Originally posted by klinzou
Asheville has no west coast feel more than any other east coast city. Don't fool yourself.

Do you know about Greenville, NC? I have an interview at East Carolina. The program pays for my hotel stay for the interview:)

san diego, ca- one of my buddies is renting a room for $420 a month and is only a 10 minute drive from ucsd and scripps medical centers.

santa barbara, ca- beautiful girls, weather, beaches...

Originally posted by drsmash
SEATTLE?

Three months out of the year....
yes, it is very nice.

Other than that...
RAIN, RAIN, RAIN
How can you possibly stand it?:eek:

i like rain and gray days. :) i also like sunny days, of course, but the climate of the pacific northwest would suit me just fine. seattle. portland. :)

Originally posted by emedpa
in no particular order
burlington, vermont
portland, or
portland, me
s.f., ca
monterey bay area , ca
new hampshire in general
montreal, canada
australia

all of these sound like my idea of nice. :clap:

DOWNTOWN DETROIT!!!!

0000PPPSSS...THOUGHT THIS WAS THE JOKE THREAD

Originally posted by emedpa
in no particular order
burlington, vermont
portland, or
portland, me
s.f., ca
monterey bay area , ca
new hampshire in general
montreal, canada
australia

Don't be fooled! Montreal, canada is not nice! Three months out of the year it could be called nice, but it is really bloody hot and humid and most places don't have airconditioning. The rest of the year it is the worst kind of cold and you are simply miserable.
Not to mention, all of the hospitals are so worn down and the health care system in such shambles that I think being a resident there would be the worst kind of torture.
Simply put: Montreal= great place to visit, bad place to live

From one who knows...I just moved after living there four years!

Also, Burlington has about the same weather as Montreal...that would be enough to keep me away. I like seasons, but I am looking for a place a little less extreme.