Working Through Undergrad Years Part Two

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HurricaneKatt

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey!
Thanks everyone for the replies. It's really nice to hear that I'm not the only one who's working through school. Now I have another dilemma... I will definitely continue to work, but two new job opportunities have opened up... I can possibly get a job on campus as an RA and receive free housing and meal plan, and around $200/month and have time to study while I am working. My other option is to work at the hospital in transport, taking patients from one part of the hospital to another, and I will receive higher pay then I am currently making by a few dollars/hr, and $1500 per year towards school, not to mention it will give me much needed experience working in a hospital. However, the job I am at has been a good one and they are very flexible and have done a lot for me; I would be a little sad to leave. Any suggestions or opinions as to which of the three would be the better choice? I've been weighing the pros and cons of each, and am a little stumped. Any advice would be welcome. :) Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

in my experience, transport encourages very very very bad patient care habits. If you can avoid that then give it a shot.

At the end of the day, its whatever pays the bills

Really? How so? I think it would encourage good patient care habits, if nothing else then because it gives you a chance to talk to the patient and get to know them, albeit briefly...?