2006 General Surgery match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Frictionbaby

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a website or other place to find where all the new interns have matched into each respective general surgery program? Certain program's websites already have a list or pictures of the new 2006-2007 incoming interns who matched into their program (UT Memphis for example).

Other than searching each programs' websites individually, is there anywhere to look to find out where everyone matched? I thought the NRMP might release that information, but I've been unable to find a list. I know something must exist because I've had PDs from other programs I applied to congratulate me on matching at UAB...how did they find that info?

I've google-searched and exhausted every other mechanism I can think of. Any other ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think such a list exists, probably to protect everyone's privacy (although I don't know why anyone would be mad if where they matched was public knowlege). I think PDs share this info with eachother, and that's how they know where you matched.

I'm surprised that I interviewed with 5 of the 8 who matched at UT Memphis. I don't know what to make of that program. Thought I might be there next year... Oh well.

I know that Emory has posted pictures of its new residents. Interviewed with several of them too. It's pretty cool to see where all these people you interviewed with are going.

http://www.surgery.emory.edu/match.2006.htm

Members don't see this ad :)
Frictionbaby said:
I know something must exist because I've had PDs from other programs I applied to congratulate me on matching at UAB...how did they find that info?
the reason PDs know where you matched ('cause i experienced the same thing) is that if they ranked you to match and you went elsewhere (i.e. higher on your list), they get to see where you went. as part of the process, they get to see which programs they lost people to.

A lot of inbreeding at Baylor this year also....

daisygirl said:
A lot of inbreeding at Baylor this year also....

not just at Baylor either (washu comes to mind). likely secondary to increasing competition for GS spots.

fishmonger69 said:
not just at Baylor either (washu comes to mind). likely secondary to increasing competition for GS spots.

what happened at WashU?
UCSF this year kept 4/7, but that was because way more students from there applied compared to previous years (and wanted to stay)..

Whats up with the number of FMGs at BAylor?

I thought they were supposed to be a good program

i think this has been a general trend across the board. almost every program ive seen has kept a sizeable amount of their own students most likely as a result of increased competetiveness.

imtiaz said:
i think this has been a general trend across the board. almost every program ive seen has kept a sizeable amount of their own students most likely as a result of increased competetiveness.

Hey there,
I forgot to say congratulations to you on your graduation. Here is it, late but sincere.

njbmd :)

avgjoe said:
what happened at WashU?
UCSF this year kept 4/7, but that was because way more students from there applied compared to previous years (and wanted to stay)..

This is an interested trend. At Pittsburgh, we matched 3/5 categoricals from PittMed. One faculty member commented that significant attrition has led them to look more favorably upon "known commodities." Our class is going to be awesome, but I remember on the interview trail being turned off by a few great programs that seemed too in-bred. This is a fine balance...

fishmonger69 said:
holy shiite. 75% female at baylor?!?!?! wtf!?!? wonder if debakey shiite his brick yet
Don't believe everything you read on Baylor's website - not all are Baylor grads.

KUkids said:
Don't believe everything you read on Baylor's website - not all are Baylor grads.

Huh? I don't get it...

What? Is someone suggesting that the Baylor website is inaccurate? If so, say it.

I know of one specific case where the resident did not graduate from BCM medical school as their website implies. Maybe the person updating the site didn't have the info at the time. Just a caution not to get too wound up about where someone went to med school.

Are there any other programs listing names and pics of their new interns?