2019-2020 Arizona - Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@AdmissionsOffice if I sent my clinical LOR through AMCAS to UA - Tucson about 2 weeks after sending in my secondary, how would I know if you guys received it? I haven’t received any “received” emails

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Put on the interview waitlist. Thus marks the beginning of a very long cycle. Best of luck everyone!

Reactions: 7 users
Also on the interview waitlist. “Not great, not terrible.” But the update is welcome for sure

Reactions: 3 users
Put on the interview waitlist. Thus marks the beginning of a very long cycle. Best of luck everyone!

Are you getting these updates through email or the portal?

Reactions: 2 users
placed on the interview waitlist just now, secondary complete 6/28

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you getting these updates through email or the portal?

This update was sent via email. My being waitlisted is not reflected anywhere on the portal.

I hope I receive an update soon :( the wait is killing me despite the fact that I know it's early.

Reactions: 3 users
Also put on the interview waitlist. OOS LM 69. Does anybody know how likely it is to still receive an interview from this point or is this basically a soft rejection?

Also put on the interview waitlist. OOS LM 69. Does anybody know how likely it is to still receive an interview from this point or is this basically a soft rejection?
Last year there was movement off the waitlist! A few even after 5 days. I’m wondering if not being put on the waitlist is the soft rejection?

Last edited:
For those of you that got interview waitlisted, could you share when you submitted your secondary?

I have a 3.6 cGPA and 512 MCAT...do I even have a shot here?

I have a 3.6 cGPA and 512 MCAT...do I even have a shot here?

Haha yeah... remember that GPA and MCAT just get you to the door. Essays, experience, interview get you through the door. Your stats are great for the first part. You can see that by looking at the MSAR

I'm getting nervous that everyone's getting these updates and I haven't heard anything yet :(

Dear Arizona, please show me some love.

Reactions: 1 user
Also got the interview waitlist email today

Do people get pre-interview rejected? Or is the waitlist basically a rejection?

Interview waitlisted today

+1 just now

edit: in the email it says "However, we have determined that you are a competitive candidate and you will continue to be considered during this application cycle. "

so I don't think the waitlist is a rejection. They just want to compare us to the larger pool

Interview waitlist just barely. Can somebody expound upon what this actually means? lol

According to their website, 30 interviews have been given out so far (16 IS, 14 OOS) with 6397 applications received (505 IS, 5892 OOS)

Interview waitlist :( it sounds like this is common so I am not taking it as very good news. Any idea if they actually reject pre-interview?

Interview waitlist :( it sounds like this is common so I am not taking it as very good news. Any idea if they actually reject pre-interview?

I prefer to think it’s good news! Imagine if you got accepted on the waitlist.. wouldn’t that be good news? We have to think positive throughout this process

It could mean you'll be invited later :) So not at all a rejection. When were you completed?

Interview waitlist for me too, still hopeful, best of lucky to everyone!

Did anyone actually get an interview? Seems like all the updates are about the interview waitlist.

Also seems like a ton of people are on the interview waitlist so it kind of feels like a soft rejection :/

Last edited:
  • Sad
So my cousin who interviewed at UA-Tucson last cycle states that he knows some who got invited for an interview off the interview waitlist, and some who got rejected off of the interview waitlist! So, basically it just means that your app is on hold. He said those who interviewed of the waitlist heard back again towards the begging of the following year and ended up interviewing around February or so.

So my cousin who interviewed at UA-Tucson last cycle states that he knows some who got invited for an interview off the interview waitlist, and some who got rejected off of the interview waitlist! So, basically it just means that your app is on hold. He said those who interviewed of the waitlist heard back again towards the begging of the following year and ended up interviewing around February or so.

Yeah I think it's basically a hold. Like not rejected but not interview.

Yeah I think it's basically a hold. Like not rejected but not interview.
well it's definitely a hold, but is it good news thats the question. It just seems like everyone who didn't get an interview got put on the waitlist rather than getting rejected which doesn't make it seem like good news.

I completed 7/15 & haven’t heard anything.. so maybe I’ll just be rejected lol

Also got the pre-II hold today. No idea how to feel about it, especially since nobody seems to know if they’re masking an R this way.

• Sad
well it's definitely a hold, but is it good news thats the question. It just seems like everyone who didn't get an interview got put on the waitlist rather than getting rejected which doesn't make it seem like good news.

Yeah no this is what I was trying to get at. Seems kind of like a rejection with slight hope of an interview.