2019-2020 LSU New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I spoke with someone from adcom. Since the last meeting was canceled I’m guessing they rescheduled to today
Do you know if it was an advocate meeting or just a meeting discussing the most recent interviewees?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you know if it was an advocate meeting or just a meeting discussing the most recent interviewees?
No idea, but the overarching idea seems to be that you can be brought up at any meeting. I’m guessing the one in May is the last advocate meeting

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I assume interviews are over?

I know initially it said interviews would be completed by April 16, so I'm assuming so. I know Shreveport stopped interviewing new candidates as well and told me there's a chance they didn't even get to my application since I applied so late in the cycle :(

Does anyone know about how long it takes for letters to go out after the adcom meetings? I realize everything may be delayed due to COVID but just curious if anyone has an estimate!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know about how long it takes for letters to go out after the adcom meetings? I realize everything may be delayed due to COVID but just curious if anyone has an estimate!

Wondering the same thing and obsessively checking AMCAS :nailbiting:

Reactions: 4 users
Wondering the same thing and obsessively checking AMCAS :nailbiting:
Same here! According to the last bunch of people who were accepted, they were able to see that they were accepted as soon as the Choose Your Medical School tool went live on AMCAS late February. People I know who were accepted waited for 3-7 days after the meeting to get their physical mail acceptance.
Edit: A friend who was accepted to another school told me it took a little over week for her acceptance to show up on her AMCAS, and that she received her letter first. So although I am somewhat pulling this out my ass, it seems like the longest wait time might be around a week or two. I'm not 100% sure though, so personally I'm just going to fill my time with other things so I don't worry too much :)

Last edited:
I'm sure a lot of you have heard of it, but just in case: informed delivery from USPS is free and will email you a scan of what mail is coming each day. Super useful in times like these! Here's the link: Informed Delivery

I'm sure a lot of you have heard of it, but just in case: informed delivery from USPS is free and will email you a scan of what mail is coming each day. Super useful in times like these! Here's the link: Informed Delivery
Do you know if the size of the acceptance letter is the same size as the NFA/rejection letters? Standard letter size?

I'm still hoping no news is good news, but really thought I would've heard by now since I interviewed three weeks ago. How is everyone else holding up while we are anticipating the arrival of acceptances?! *fingers crossed*

Reactions: 2 users
I'm still hoping no news is good news, but really thought I would've heard by now since I interviewed three weeks ago. How is everyone else holding up while we are anticipating the arrival of acceptances?! *fingers crossed*
I interviewed on March 11 and haven't gotten anything either! I'm stressing

I interviewed on March 11 and haven't gotten anything either! I'm stressing

Oh man, I would be losing hair because I'm already stressing and it's been half that time! I wish I were one of those ballsy people who ignored the notice not to call the office and could, just to get an update. Unfortunately, I'm not brave enough to chance calling and them somehow knowing it's me and thinking I don't follow directions lol

Members don't see this ad :)
@SouthernGent I heard that there is a small gym on the LSU-HSC Campus. But I also saw that there's an LSU Health Fitness Gym (LSU Health Fitness) pretty close to the med school. Are medical students able to use that gym as well?
I believe students receive a discounted membership, but I don't think the LSU Health Fitness center is free (at least it wasn't for me as an MPH student at LSUHSC-NO). The wellness center gym on campus is free, but its quite a walk from the med school and its separated into multiple rooms on 2 floors so it can get kind of crowded

Same here! I'm surprised we havent heard yet, I interviewed over a month ago and still havent heard about their initial decision. assuming on hold tho

Same here! I'm surprised we havent heard yet, I interviewed over a month ago and still havent heard about their initial decision. assuming on hold tho

I'd be surprised if we don't hear by the 30th since that's the commit day to one school and will give them a more realistic idea of who will be attending in the fall!

I'd be surprised if we don't hear by the 30th since that's the commit day to one school and will give them a more realistic idea of who will be attending in the fall!
Also the advocacy meeting is in early May so we should definitely hear something before then!

Anyone know if letters were sent out today? My address isn’t eligible for informed delivery..

Anyone know if letters were sent out today? My address isn’t eligible for informed delivery..
I have informed delivery and haven’t gotten any notification :(

I wish I knew. Never seem to get a good reason as to why we go against the grain. We have plenty of accomplished grads though.
Thanks! I'd understand not including student names, but a general residency program/location would be helpful.

Only junk mail today, no LSU): I'll post here whenever I do get a notification that it's coming so you have a heads up

For the people that interviewed. Did they contact you by mail, email, or telephone?

I understand someone said earlier that for OOS students, OOS tuition was paid for all 4 years. Anyone know any ways to go around this such that we could possibly apply for residence and pay IS from the second year onwards?

I understand someone said earlier that for OOS students, OOS tuition was paid for all 4 years. Anyone know any ways to go around this such that we could possibly apply for residence and pay IS from the second year onwards?
I wish .. but in my acceptance letter they said by accepting you are agreeing to pay OOS tuition for the full 4 years

That’s common for any university, whether it be undergrad or a higher education degree. Unfortunately, there’s no way around it and it’s a very strict policy that I wouldn’t even attempt to try to get around or scam if you’d really like to go to LSU

Anyone here familiar with the pre-matriculation program? Is it really helpful?

Anyone here familiar with the pre-matriculation program? Is it really helpful?

I've spoken to 3 students who participated and they said it was helpful. Gave them a chance to meet their classmates and get a jump start on the rigors of med school. Helped them get an idea of what to expect and to make a game plan for their study habits before school started

Today’s Mood:
258DD7BD-6298-4476-9D26-9B37C86E1E2C.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users