2020-2021 Arizona - Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Will any news come out today?

Members don't see this ad.

Will any news come out today?
Nope! It will come next Friday.

Edit: I stand corrected. For the past several months, it has only been coming out every 3 weeks, but it appears that has changed given the acceptances that other SDN users are reporting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Accepted this morning! Interviewed 1/22. So excited!!! OOS (CA)

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R yesterday, was on interview hold in September. OOS

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Pre-II R, was on hold since 10/22, OOS

• Care
2 rejections in 10 minutes, yikes

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Pre-II R. Complete 10/1, Hold 11/5. OOS. They really titled their rejection email "Final Interview Invitation Status." Cold.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Pre II R just now also, had been on the interview wait list for an eternity lol.

• Care
  • Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody gotten the "deferral" email today?

Pre-II R. Complete 10/1, Hold 11/5. OOS. They really titled their rejection email "Final Interview Invitation Status." Cold.
Hi!

We would never intend to have our emails come across as "cold". We would love to hear and are always open to any suggestions for a re-title of the email as we are always trying to improve our communication! :)

Thank you,
Admissions

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Hi!

We would never intend to have our emails come across as "cold". We would love to hear and are always open to any suggestions for a re-title of the email as we are always trying to improve our communication! :)

Thank you,
Admissions
A lot of pre-meds just skim the subject line and would see "interview" as a potential interview invite. I think removing "interview" from the subject line would help alleviate that potential unfound excitement.

Reactions: 10 users
Hi!

Thank you,
Admissions
I think that maybe titling it like "Application Update or Final Application Decision" might be a better title. I just feel like having the interview invitation in the subject maybe a little misleading and once you read the email and see the rejection it can be even more upsetting. I appreciate you asking for feedback

Reactions: 5 users
I think that maybe titling it like "Application Update or Final Application Decision" might be a better title. I just feel like having the interview invitation in the subject maybe a little misleading and once you read the email and see the rejection it can be even more upsetting. I appreciate you asking for feedback
Thank you so much for your honest feedback! We will take this into consideration for next cycle.

Thank you,
Admissions

Reactions: 7 users

I second “Application Decision.”

Even “Application Update” may lead to applicants being hopeful, only to be let down when they read the email. If you haven’t been offered an interview and receive an email saying “Application Decision,” you’ll likely be able to read between the lines and know what the email is.

Just got the deferral email! Here’s to hoping for a big shake-up as folks start narrowing down their acceptances! Hang in there everyone :)

• Love
Just got a deferral email and I interviewed on 1/29. Did anyone from 1/29 receive an acceptance call? I thought it was weird that I received the email only 2 weeks after my interview date, as opposed to 3 weeks which has been the trend.

Decisions come out every two-three weeks. Unfortunately, we cannot give out the specific dates!
Thanks for the information. Are you allowed to tell us approximately how many acceptances are left to give out? I understand if you can’t disclose it.

Defferal email again.... to be honest, I am starting to loose hope...

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Just got a deferral email and I interviewed on 1/29. Did anyone from 1/29 receive an acceptance call? I thought it was weird that I received the email only 2 weeks after my interview date, as opposed to 3 weeks which has been the trend.
I also interviewed 1/29 and received the defferal email. I am wondering the same thing.

Pre-II R. IS. Complete October. Interview Waitlist since mid-Nov.

I've had no luck this cycle. I guess trying to juggle working full time on Covid for my county with the med school app cycle just proved disastrous to my cycle in general. :(

• Care
Would sending a letter of interest hurt me?

Interviewed 1/29. Got the deferral email. Disappointed but trying to hold hope.

• Care
They don’t accept them, per their website.
Thanks, I wasn’t sure if letter of interest and letter of intent were the same thing.

This is what it says on their website “ UA COM-Tucson does not accept letters of intent or updates.”

Did anyone get a post-II R today? If not, I assume that they will come after 1 or 2 more "updates" because last year the first post-II R was sent out on 3/20 (along with the waitlist).

Also, last year, the Admissions Office said that "We wont send out rejections till the end of March."

I interviewed in November, LOVED this school, and I’m starting to think I’ll either get waitlisted or rejected :(

I interviewed in November, LOVED this school, and I’m starting to think I’ll either get waitlisted or rejected :(
It's impossible to say at this point. The fact that you interviewed in November is a good sign though.

• Care
Good day, everyone! This is my first post here at Student Doctor Network, please to meet my fellow UACOM-T applicants (and future classmates and colleagues ;))

For my first ever post, I have a very boring question to ask. I was just wondering how a "waitlist" letter from UACOM-T would look like as opposed to a deferred letter or a "we haven't made a decision" letter. Some of my friends who also applied to UACOM-T got a letter saying that they are still active candidates in the applicant pool and they haven't been rejected yet. Is that a waitlist then, or is that just a deferral at this time?

Or maybe I need to learn how to read.

Good day, everyone! This is my first post here at Student Doctor Network, please to meet my fellow UACOM-T applicants (and future classmates and colleagues ;))

For my first ever post, I have a very boring question to ask. I was just wondering how a "waitlist" letter from UACOM-T would look like as opposed to a deferred letter or a "we haven't made a decision" letter. Some of my friends who also applied to UACOM-T got a letter saying that they are still active candidates in the applicant pool and they haven't been rejected yet. Is that a waitlist then, or is that just a deferral at this time?

Or maybe I need to learn how to read.
It's just a deferral. It's basically saying that they haven't made a decision yet. You truly can be accepted at any time. The actual waitlist will come out in March (mid-late March specifically). It will very clearly say that it is a "waitlist".

Is it likely to get off the deferred list? If they already passed over you, what makes them change their mind later?

Is it likely to get off the deferred list? If they already passed over you, what makes them change their mind later?
It is pretty likely, yes. Basically, they score your entire application across several categories (academics, interview, etc). The average score is the order that you get accepted in. For example, everyone that has a 4.9+ score, will get accepted. Then the 4.8 to 4.7 etc. As the need more and more people to accept, you keep going lower and lower. It's possible that someone got an interview early but then has an average score that is less than someone who interviewed later. Let's say you have a 4.1. You won't get accepted until they lower the bar to 4.1 regardless of when you interview.

Earlier in this thread, I posted a detailed document from their website that explains this process.

It's just a deferral. It's basically saying that they haven't made a decision yet. You truly can be accepted at any time. The actual waitlist will come out in March (mid-late March specifically). It will very clearly say that it is a "waitlist".
Thank you very much for your answer! Very much appreciated.

They have a scoring system, and the interview is the last number you get to add to your score. Everyone above a certain # gets an auto A after interviewing. Everyone else is deferred until interviews wrap up. After all interviews are done, they keep going further down the number list. Ie. 4.9= auto A, then open to 4.8, 4.75, 4.7. At some point when they have the set number of A's the remainder of students get Waitlisted.

There isn't much info about what score you have, etc. So if you got a deferral letter, you could be high, middle or low, on the scoring. I think it sounds like they shoot for mid-march for wrapping up interviews.

It is pretty likely, yes. Basically, they score your entire application across several categories (academics, interview, etc). The average score is the order that you get accepted in. For example, everyone that has a 4.9+ score, will get accepted. Then the 4.8 to 4.7 etc. As the need more and more people to accept, you keep going lower and lower. It's possible that someone got an interview early but then has an average score that is less than someone who interviewed later. Let's say you have a 4.1. You won't get accepted until they lower the bar to 4.1 regardless of when you interview.

Earlier in this thread, I posted a detailed document from their website that e

xplains this process.
Ha ha! We were posting at the same time. :)

Has anybody been invited to interview recently? They've already given more interviews than their total from last year, so I'm curious to know how much higher they will keep going/how far in advance they have already scheduled.