2020-2021 Arizona - Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an II too! Was anyone able to upload and view those references pages on the application after scheduling their interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Just received an interview and I am only seeing one available date anyone else having this problem?

Members don't see this ad :)
II, IS Complete 7/25
Note the only interview they have available is in one week! EEEEPPPP

Hi all - I received an II today and took a look at the "pre-requisite checklist" that they require you to fill out and send back prior to your interview. I didn't even realize they require two full semesters of Physiology (it truly must have slipped my mind). I only have 1 (Biology majors at my campus did not have access to full year version which were reserved for Nursing/Kinesiology majors). I am a little confused as I did receive an invite to interview but wonder what this means for my status. Does anyone have any insight or idea if this has happened to anyone prior? I also emailed them.

Hi all - I received an II today and took a look at the "pre-requisite checklist" that they require you to fill out and send back prior to your interview. I didn't even realize they require two full semesters of Physiology (it truly must have slipped my mind). I only have 1 (Biology majors at my campus did not have access to full year version which were reserved for Nursing/Kinesiology majors). I am a little confused as I did receive an invite to interview but wonder what this means for my status. Does anyone have any insight or idea if this has happened to anyone prior? I also emailed them.
If you got an II, then you got an II. Before you can matriculate, you must finish a second semester.

Did people who got an II receive an email or just an update in the portal?

I got an II too! Was anyone able to upload and view those references pages on the application after scheduling their interview?

I got the II today too! I wasn't able to view the reference pages and there was also only one date available.
Completed 07/25, IS

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an interview invite. Yep, insert some cliche statement about how this is my top choice yada yada.No but really it is :):):)

Complete around July 16th
LM 68
Not URM
I was able to schedule an interview that is more than one week away, I was able to view my reference documents, I am scrambling to gather my bearings and prepare for this bad boy.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I just received an interview invite. Yep, insert some cliche statement about how this is my top choice yada yada.No but really it is :):):)

Complete around July 16th
LM 68
Not URM
I was able to schedule an interview that is more than one week away, I was able to view my reference documents, I am scrambling to gather my bearings and prepare for this bad boy.

IS or OOS?

I got the II today too! I wasn't able to view the reference pages and there was also only one date available.
Completed 07/25, IS
I have also been unable to download the reference pages. Has anyone been able to figure out how to get them to download?

Completed 07/25, IS
I don't know how I missed it but I saw that UA requires a letter of rec from a clinical supervisor like an MD, my school does a committee letter, so I never got a clinical letter. Has anyone had experience with getting in with this situation or even getting an II in the past?

I don't know how I missed it but I saw that UA requires a letter of rec from a clinical supervisor like an MD, my school does a committee letter, so I never got a clinical letter. Has anyone had experience with getting in with this situation or even getting an II in the past?
You can't get in without one. You can use a clinical volunteer coordinator though.

IS II today. Can anyone get the reference materials open? I've tried on multiple browsers with no luck.

For anyone that is curious, as of today, they have sent out 55 IS II and 33 OOS II. That's roughly 9.8% of IS applicants to date and 0.6% of OOS II so far. Assuming they give out the same number of II each year, they are 24.9% of the way done with IS interviews and 12.6% done with OOS II.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 users
For anyone that is curious, as of today, they have sent out 55 IS II and 33 OOS II. That's roughly 9.8% of IS applicants to date and 0.6% of OOS II so far. Assuming they give out the same number of II each year, they are 24.9% of the way done with IS interviews and 12.6% done with OOS II.
Do you (or anyone else) know how frequently they give out IIs? Is it a weekly thing?

I was interview waitlisted. Didn’t know that was a thing but that’s where we are hahaha.

good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
I was interview waitlisted. Didn’t know that was a thing but that’s where we are hahaha.

good luck everyone!
Me too! I'm wondering if it's a soft rejection but I suppose it's better than nothing!

Has anyone been able to access the reference materials on the interview tab yet today?

Me too! I'm wondering if it's a soft rejection but I suppose it's better than nothing!
I don't think so, I'm pretty sure they actively pull from this list throughout the cycle. At least I remember reading that in prior threads.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
It’s not. Last years thread has a lot of examples of folks who were waitlisted then offered II a couple weeks later.

through email today?

yeah minutes ago, promising to hear this isn't a rejection though (?) gonna look through last year's thread real quick

edit: bummer that this is my first communication with schools since completing secondaries hah

yeah minutes ago, promising to hear this isn't a rejection though (?) gonna look through last year's thread real quick

edit: bummer that this is my first communication with schools since completing secondaries hah
There was definitely a high amount of people who got pulled off the waitlist last year! So you still got this!!!

There was definitely a high amount of people who got pulled off the waitlist last year! So you still got this!!!

appreciate the positivity!! definitely looks like people are pulled off but also looks like a lot of people get waitlisted, am wondering if everyone who doesn't get an II is II-waitlisted vs. do they split into II-waitlist and rejections

• Hmm
just put on WL for interview... this is my 3rd one :( but based on the previous posts seems like this isnt a soft R? fingers crossed

The worst part is, I read the truncated subject heading “The University of Arizona - Tucson Intervi-“, got super excited because I thought it was an invite, and told everyone at work I just got an interview.

I then stopped to read the whole message and slowly crept away.

Reactions: 3 users
The worst part is, I read the truncated subject heading “The University of Arizona - Tucson Intervi-“, got super excited because I thought it was an invite, and told everyone at work I just got an interview.

I then stopped to read the whole message and slowly crept away.

edit: misread OPs comment so I deleted the other part, sorry to hear that bud, at least it’s not an R :)

It’s friday, do something fun to distract yourself a bit :)

Does anyone know when they started pulling students from the II waitlist for an interview last year? Trying to determine how much patience I need to survive this cycle :unsure:

Well, this is like my 5th II waitlist :confused: LM 68. Maybe we will see some movement soon.

• Care
Interview waitlist too...did anyone OOS receive an interview??