2022-2023 Sam Houston State University - College of Osteopathic Medicine (SHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is just a change that happens after they receive all materials. It won’t change even if you get an interview and afterwards. They update a little while after the interview to let you know that the admissions committee has completed their review, but there will be no change in the portal.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Is that different from it saying "Your admissions file is complete and being reviewed?"
Yes I believe they are referring to the change on the portal prior to receiving an II

Members don't see this ad :)
I received the "Admissions Committee Review Complete" email just now. Does this mean that a pre-match offer is coming? Did everyone who received this email end up with a pre-match offer?

I received the "Admissions Committee Review Complete" email just now. Does this mean that a pre-match offer is coming? Did everyone who received this email end up with a pre-match offer?
Does not mean pre match unfortunately. Just means they are done reviewing your file.

Reactions: 3 users
Should the snapshot complete also show up in portal? It does not show up for me but it shows as completed and sent on Altus

Should the snapshot complete also show up in portal? It does not show up for me but it shows as completed and sent on Altus
Mine just shows CASPer and Duet Scores!
Screen Shot 2022-11-15 at 11.35.45 AM.png

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like we might get another II wave pretty soon

Does anyone know if the remaining interviews are still for spots in the class or WL? Have a December interview but if it's just for a WL I might just withdraw the II

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if the remaining interviews are still for spots in the class or WL? Have a December interview but if it's just for a WL I might just withdraw the II
I think it's highly unlikely they would have filled the class by 11/4 but you never know..

They won’t fill the class until match day. I’d still take it if you haven’t received a pre match or acceptance yet

I have withdrawn my acceptance! I hope it goes to one of you and good luck to everyone! I know the stress is real and waiting is excruciatingly painful but don't lose hope❤️

Reactions: 8 users
I have withdrawn my acceptance! I hope it goes to one of you and good luck to everyone! I know the stress is real and waiting is excruciatingly painful but don't lose hope❤️
Thank you for your service, my good sir 🫡

• Care
this must mean you got another admission! congratulations!

• Care
this must mean you got another admission! congratulations!
i did! thank you so much!! being a reapplicant, it has been a very difficult journey but i am extremely thankful for all of my blessings this cycle:happy:

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I received an II today that's scheduled for 12/2. Didn't see any other dates available.

Reactions: 4 users
II ! Secondary complete 9/10/22 and it took me weeks after that to get over my fear of snapshot and complete it!

Any ideas on cool places to stay or what cities to visit the day before? I’m thinking of staying in the woodlands the night before and visiting Houston and galveston the day before the interview.

Any ideas on cool places to stay or what cities to visit the day before? I’m thinking of staying in the woodlands the night before and visiting Houston and galveston the day before the interview.
There are a million things to do in Houston depending on what you like. I personally love the museum district. The museums in Houston are top tier. If you want to stay outdoors then the zoo or any park is a win. You can go shopping the tunnels below the city, galleria, city tours. Best city in the state!

I live just outside of the Woodlands. I recommend the mall and market place as they will have their Christmas decorations out. It is beautiful at night and great shopping.

Just declined my II offer set for 12/4. Hope my slot goes to someone who could use it! <3

Reactions: 4 users
There are a million things to do in Houston depending on what you like. I personally love the museum district. The museums in Houston are top tier. If you want to stay outdoors then the zoo or any park is a win. You can go shopping the tunnels below the city, galleria, city tours. Best city in the state!

I live just outside of the Woodlands. I recommend the mall and market place as they will have their Christmas decorations out. It is beautiful at night and great shopping.
second this, there’s also a lulu lemon in market place if you’re looking to get some early Christmas shopping in ;)

Yea TBH my girl is more into shopping than I am, perhaps I’ll go go to NASA and some other places.
NASA is a lot of fun, but it is on the opposite side of the city so just don't forget to plan for travel time! Also if you are going that way you can check out Moody Gardens and Galveston. You will be fairly close to the coast.

Got a couple A's elsewhere so I will be withdrawing my II. Hope it goes out to someone who is waiting on one

Reactions: 6 users
Not sure if someone already answered this but does anyone know if Sam Houston takes letter of intents? 🫢

Not sure if someone already answered this but does anyone know if Sam Houston takes letter of intents? 🫢
I saw in years prior people sent, but they stated this in their email this year.

Attachments

• 87658A35-C2ED-41A8-BDAB-53FC21B7E73E.jpeg
    87658A35-C2ED-41A8-BDAB-53FC21B7E73E.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 163
Just withdrew my prematch offer, I hope it goes out to one of y'all soon!

Reactions: 10 users
I got this email too. I was concerned bc I haven't heard anything since but I'm holding out hope!

That means you'll get their decision the next wave they send out!
Can you confirm source on this? I received that email back on 9/14. Interviewed back in July. Did not pre-match during the first wave that was sent in October.

II. First ever. Never give up :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 15 users
Thanks. I was complete 7/`17. Stats are well below their current avgs, so I actually now believe that personal stories matter :)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users