2023-2024 Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted off of the WL 5/3 in the afternoon! So it seems like there's gonna be some slight movement even before the new deadline

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrawing from waitlist.
Going to EVMS.
Good luck to everyone.

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations! Did you receive a financial aid package with your acceptance?

I got an email saying my CTE was received but i never got an interview lol wtf

Reactions: 1 user
I got an email saying my CTE was received but i never got an interview lol wtf
same here, meaning you CTE to another school, and they withdrew your app from their pool. Atleast that was my understanding from that email. Also when I asked admissions in April, they said if you still haven't heard anything, your app was still under consideration.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
same here, meaning you CTE to another school, and they withdrew your app from their pool. Atleast that was my understanding from that email. Also when I asked admissions in April, they said if you still haven't heard anything, your app was still under consideration.

They needa stop lyin lol

lol same Howard gave me no interviews at allll and then as soon as I cte to another school they say oh we are withdrawing with no interview in over 6 months lol so comical

Reactions: 4 users
I tried calling but no one picked up, I got a message saying the mailbox was full and I couldn’t leave a message. I just sent an email asking about the status of people on the waitlist.

Is it just me, or are people who are WL at HUCM worried that there won't be as many people coming off the WL this year compared to previous years? According to MSAR, HUCM accepts 120 people out of 125-150 people from the WL, and in previous years, a lot of movement occurred during early May. After looking at the FB group, there are 116 members at the moment, with +7 members this week.

Is this truly because a lot of people are holding their WL offers due to FASFA delays, meaning that there would be major movement in early June? Or is it that this year is an outlier compared to previous years? As you can tell, this is getting stressful for those on the WL without any other acceptances.

Reactions: 2 users
Is it just me, or are people who are WL at HUCM worried that there won't be as many people coming off the WL this year compared to previous years? According to MSAR, HUCM accepts 120 people out of 125-150 people from the WL, and in previous years, a lot of movement occurred during early May. After looking at the FB group, there are 116 members at the moment, with +7 members this week.

Is this truly because a lot of people are holding their WL offers due to FASFA delays, meaning that there would be major movement in early June? Or is it that this year is an outlier compared to previous years? As you can tell, this is getting stressful for those on the WL without any other acceptances.
yea i don’t wanna be an alarmist but i’m not feeling good about it, even if they told us we’d get off

In addition to fafsa delays I'm anticipating that WL movement is going to be slower because affirmative action was struck down and less URM applicants are getting in elsewhere.

I withdrew my A. Good luck to all! It was a very hard decision. I was accepted in the fall and everybody I interacted with at the medical school has been great. I wish the best to any student who attends.

Reactions: 6 users
has anyone tried calling again to ask?? there should have been a lot of movement by now i feel if they were gonna have as much movement as they were expecting

has anyone tried calling again to ask?? there should have been a lot of movement by now i feel if they were gonna have as much movement as they were expecting
I was able to get in contact with Celia earlier this week. She said that they had not started the process of moving people off of the waitlist yet.

I was able to get in contact with Celia earlier this week. She said that they had not started the process of moving people off of the waitlist yet.
did she give any idea of when they would start… this is irritating because like if i need to reapply i need to start soon but i don’t want to waste thousands of dollars in case i do get in to any of my waitlisted schools

did she give any idea of when they would start… this is irritating because like if i need to reapply i need to start soon but i don’t want to waste thousands of dollars in case i do get in to any of my waitlisted schools
I definitely understand as I’m in a similar situation. Unfortunately, she wasn’t able to give me a date or time frame.

I really appreciate you doing this. It takes courage to be the one to reach out and ask about this. I wish you the best of luck and hopefully you get off the waitlist