2023-2024 Iowa (Carver)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS went down at least 3 today, I’m p sure I’m literally like the last spot on the waitlist I think these are def people withdrawing or else everyone’s rank would’ve gone down

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone else frantically checking their WL position every 30 min hoping for an update? 😅 I wonder if we won’t hear anything until tomorrow?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
1. I am fairly certain that they are manually updating the WL with changes as otherwise there surely would have been more movement yesterday and what would happen if someone accidently clicked withdrawal and an offer automatically went out?
2. Carver is so slow and lazy. I simultaneously hate this school and want an acceptance so bad

Is anyone else frantically checking their WL position every 30 min hoping for an update? 😅 I wonder if we won’t hear anything until tomorrow?
I agree with above, I think it's manual. Is there a reason to expect something tomorrow? Or just wishful thinking?

I'm SO glad I clicked to page 12 of this thread and stumbled upon recent posts! I've felt so impatient since my IS WL position didn't move on or after April 30th...

It helps to hear that the WL may be updated manually, and there could be more movement than what is shown. Also, someone earlier in the thread mentioned the FAFSA delay this cycle, and I agree that it could be a significant factor in the wait.

I can't help but check the portal all the time. I've got wishful thinking too.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I'm SO glad I clicked to page 12 of this thread and stumbled upon recent posts! I've felt so impatient since my IS WL position didn't move on or after April 30th...

It helps to hear that the WL may be updated manually, and there could be more movement than what is shown. Also, someone earlier in the thread mentioned the FAFSA delay this cycle, and I agree that it could be a significant factor in the wait.

I can't help but check the portal all the time. I've got wishful thinking too.
Welcome to SDN!

Really hoping we see some movement today! Good luck everyone! Figured I would share some stats from previous years forums to give hope during this (very dreadful) time of waiting

2023: On May 4th someone who was #8 on the IS waitlist was accepted. On May 10th someone else reported going from #17 to #2 on the IS waitlist.

2022: on May 3rd someone who started mid teens on the IS waitlist got in. On may 6th someone who started mid twenties IS got in.

since most people noticed significant waitlist movement around the 1-4th of May in previous years I am very hopeful that we will see some movement today. I’m really hoping we don’t have to wait all weekend.

• Care
Really hoping we see some movement today! Good luck everyone! Figured I would share some stats from previous years forums to give hope during this (very dreadful) time of waiting

2023: On May 4th someone who was #8 on the IS waitlist was accepted. On May 10th someone else reported going from #17 to #2 on the IS waitlist.

2022: on May 3rd someone who started mid teens on the IS waitlist got in. On may 6th someone who started mid twenties IS got in.

since most people noticed significant waitlist movement around the 1-4th of May in previous years I am very hopeful that we will see some movement today. I’m really hoping we don’t have to wait all weekend.
Damn so it's over for OOS people

Damn so it's over for OOS people
For OOS this is what I found.

2023: on May 5th someone <25 moved 2 spots. Throughout May 8-15 there was a little movement. Someone reported on May 15th that they started at #41 and moved to #16. On July 6th someone moved from #50 to #2.

2022: On May 6th someone from the WL got the call (unknown rank). There were some comments about a little bit of movement between the 6th and 25th. On the 25th someone reported moving from 70s to late 20s. On the same day, someone who started at #20 reported being at #2.

Last edited:
  • Wow
For OOS this is what I found.

2023: on May 5th someone <25 moved 2 spots. Throughout May 8-15 there was a little movement. Someone reported on May 15th that they started at #41 and moved to #16. On July 6th someone moved from #50 to #2.

2022: On May 6th someone from the WL got the call (unknown rank). There were some comments about a little bit of movement between the 6th and 25th. On the 25th someone reported moving from 70s to late 20s. On the same day, someone who started at #20 reported being at #2.
Thanks broski

Members don't see this ad :)
This is not a drill! IS just moved up one spot! Has anyone gotten the call? Or did someone withdraw their WL position?

• Wow
Just withdrew! Really difficult decision but I hope my spot goes to one of you! OOS!

• Wow
  • Care
Mine moved two spots!! I guess it's hard to tell if those are accepted students turning down the offer, alternates turning down the WL, or even Carver not updating the list at the same time for everyone?

Update: they are accepting people off the waitlist! Just got the call!! Started at <15 IS. So thankful for the A and hoping everyone else gets off the WL soon! Sending all the good vibes! 🤩

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Update: they are accepting people off the waitlist! Just got the call!! Started at <15 IS. So thankful for the A and hoping everyone else gets off the WL soon! Sending all the good vibes! 🤩
I'm OOS, but did you see your IS spot drop to 1 or so before receiving the call?

I'm OOS, but did you see your IS spot drop to 1 or so before receiving the call?
I had been checking my WL position every 20 min. The last I saw I was at #2. Right before the call, the page wouldn’t load. Shortly after the call I got an email telling me to check the portal since a decision was made on my application

Does the WL ever move on weekends? I don’t wanna keep checking if it doesn’t.
I would assume it doesn't because my position hasn't changed even after a person reported withdrawing their OOS acceptance yesterday, but it probably could move if someone withdraws from the WL.