2023-2024 Rutgers (Robert Wood Johnson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II JUST NOW!!!!! Strong ties to NJ scheduled for 5/20 I'm freaking out.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a difference between high priority and highest priority waitlist?
I've heard of the highest priority waitlist and have seen it in previous years threads, but I havent seen anyone post about it this year

Reactions: 1 user
I've heard of the highest priority waitlist and have seen it in previous years threads, but I havent seen anyone post about it this year
Got it...my interview email said "highest" so I wasn't sure if that was interchangeable

Does anyone have info on how the highest priority WL works, do they usually tell you after the interview your final decision or is it possible for someone to move from the high priority to the highest?

I also heard they rank students on the waitlists does anyone know if they disclose your position on the list?

Does anyone have info on how the highest priority WL works, do they usually tell you after the interview your final decision or is it possible for someone to move from the high priority to the highest?

Is there a difference between high priority and highest priority waitlist?

This interview is after waitlist movement usually happens and around the time some linkage programs interview. So the high priority list should move before anyone is placed on “highest.” Not sure why they do it like this.

Members don't see this ad :)
This interview is after waitlist movement usually happens and around the time some linkage programs interview. So the high priority list should move before anyone is placed on “highest.” Not sure why they do it like this.
where did you hear this?

Do you know how many people are usually on the high priority waitlist?

Where is everyone posting their update/LOI letters? I just uploaded mine to the portal, is that okay?

Has anyone called/emailed to know their approximate location on the WL?

Has anyone called/emailed to know their approximate location on the WL?
I got an email saying they'll be meeting late April to rank the high priority list for the anticipated movement in May. So I'm assuming they don't have a solid rank on where everyone is yet.

I know they don’t take letters of intent here, but does anyone know how they feel about letters of interest? I was under the impression they only really cared about update letters.

I know they don’t take letters of intent here, but does anyone know how they feel about letters of interest? I was under the impression they only really cared about update letters.
From MSAR:

Waitlist Information​

Typical number of waitlist positions per cycle:
We typically have a high priority and waitlist group. In most cycles we do offer spots to applicants on the alternate list.
Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist:
Waitlist procedures and information:
We accept updates and letters of interest from high priority applicants. Offers from the alternate list generally will not be made prior to May 1st.

Not to be that guy but if anyone does withdraw could you let us know here!

Just to give some of us in the waitlist some hope and to gauge if there will be waitlist movement 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Not to be that guy but if anyone does withdraw could you let us know here!

Just to give some of us in the waitlist some hope and to gauge if there will be waitlist movement 😭
I withdrew on 4/15!

Reactions: 5 users
So we can all have an idea please like this post if you're on the HPWL! 😅

Reactions: 6 users
They do take letters of intent!!

Are they open about wl rankings? Like they’ll tell you if you call and ask?
I think theyll tell you your relative chances of getting off the waitlist based on what happens on april 30th / your position on the list but idk if theyll tell you exactly where you are on the list

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone have tips for the MMI? Super nervous and excited about my late interview! :)

Just withdrew my acceptance! good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone have tips for the MMI? Super nervous and excited about my late interview! :)
Just be yourself! Try to tie in your clinical/life experiences with each scenario and leave room at the end to ask if they have any questions for you, don't feel like you need to use all the allotted time for your response. The faculty/students are very nice, I definitely rambled for my first section but I knew they could tell I was nervous. Good luck!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Just be yourself! Try to tie in your clinical/life experiences with each scenario and leave room at the end to ask if they have any questions for you, don't feel like you need to use all the allotted time for your response. The faculty/students are very nice, I definitely rambled for my first section but I knew they could tell I was nervous. Good luck!
Thank you sm!

Like the person said above, make sure to tie in all your experiences and also make sure your answers are well structured and answer every part of the question without making any specific assumptions, keep an open mind and you’ll do great

Better to say less than too much sometimes

• Care
Based on last years thread is there highest priority of the high priority wait list this year? Has anyone been told they are on the highest priority of the high priority wait list?

Based on last years thread is there highest priority of the high priority wait list this year? Has anyone been told they are on the highest priority of the high priority wait list?
I’m interviewing on may 20 and they told me it was for the highest priority wl

So do you think there won't be any waitlist movement until after May 20?
I honestly have no idea. I’m a regular applicant but I believe that most of the other people interviewing on my day are from their linkage programs. Not sure if that means they’re waiting

A off the HPWL! 😭

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
congrats!! did you know your position on the wl? and was it a call?
I did not know my position. I got a call from caller ID Rutgers University and an email minutes later.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users