2023-2024 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
is there an accepted students groupme or group?

Members don't see this ad.

Womp womp, got an IS WL yesterday with interview on 3/5 - oh whale.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I withdrew my A on Friday after receiving no need based financial aid. Good luck to everyone!

• Care
Appreciate everyone withdrawing their As, let's keep em coming!! Want a huge WL movement this yr plz

Withdrew A, hope it goes to one of you! best of luck everyone!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know where on solar I can pay the $100 deposit? I can't find it for some reason

Looks like some people are joining the groupme but some of them are current M1/M2s
Do you know how many ppl are in the groupme rn? Also do you know how big the class is gonna be? Trynna see how many spots are left

Do you know how many ppl are in the groupme rn? Also do you know how big the class is gonna be? Trynna see how many spots are left
There's like 110 and the class size is supposed to be around 120, but this is also an unofficial groupme so I'd assume a large amount of accepted students haven't joined. I do think that theres gonna be quite a bit of WL movement though!!

There's like 110 and the class size is supposed to be around 120, but this is also an unofficial groupme so I'd assume a large amount of accepted students haven't joined. I do think that theres gonna be quite a bit of WL movement though!!
Thank you!

I’m confused, was anyone notified specifically that they’re on hpwl? I emailed them and they said movement historically begins “late spring”, 30% of waitlist is usually accepted, and that we are ranked but rankings are confidential.

I’m confused, was anyone notified specifically that they’re on hpwl? I emailed them and they said movement historically begins “late spring”, 30% of waitlist is usually accepted, and that we are ranked but rankings are confidential.
Yes, there is an HPWL this year. A few members on here have confirmed it

did you email them asking? or did they send it out to everyone?
There was no email about it that you should have received. I was emailing them about something semi-related and in their reply to my email they indicated waitlist movement had not begun.

from my understanding the people who were notified of their waitlist status before the new year didn't get any change to their status, but some people received the hpwl email in the spring without receiving an original waitlist email prior to that. I could be wrong but from what people have said thats what it seems like

Hi all,

Called Stony Brook today and they mentioned the WL will not move this week. It will start middle to end of next week according to the admissions lady that helped me. Hope this helps everyone who is waiting like me.

Reactions: 6 users
Hi all,

Called Stony Brook today and they mentioned the WL will not move this week. It will start middle to end of next week according to the admissions lady that helped me. Hope this helps everyone who is waiting like me.
so kind of you thank you!

Reactions: 3 users