2023-2024 University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would anyone be willing to share if/when they plan to withdraw their acceptance? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

what @vochi said. because of this extension, many schools are sending out their financial aid packages later than prior years
I see and students basically use these packages to see where they are getting better tuition/financial aid?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you don’t mind me asking, of your med schools, is UWSOM the only school that hasn’t gotten this info to you?
Another school hadn't gotten back to me with fin aid so I withdrew a few days ago. Now I am just waiting on UW

Reactions: 1 user
I will add as well, all my other schools either offered scholarships not contingent on FAFSA or they gave an estimated aid package based on the AMCAS app. I don’t think UW is in the minority unfortunately this cycle with this FAFSA delay. It has been a nightmare for every school I’ve talked to. Not to mention students who have to make a large financial decision entirely blind, but I will get off my soapbox .

Reactions: 2 users
Any updates today regarding aid packages and/or decision to withdraw? :)

I withdrew today, still no aid packages.
Thank you for being transparent. I know, at least for me if not others alike, it gives a little peace of mind that there is some movement. ADCOM just needs to update the application portal!!

Thank you for being transparent. I know, at least for me if not others alike, it gives a little peace of mind that there is some movement. ADCOM just needs to update the application portal!!
Has there been reported movement already?

Members don't see this ad :)
Received the call for #4! Best of luck to everyone here, I am rooting for y’all!

Reactions: 5 users
Received the call for #4! Best of luck to everyone here, I am rooting for y’all!
Congrats!!! Is this for Seattle? Waitlisted before #4, but haven't gotten a call yet so I can't help but feel a little nervous.

Congrats!!! Is this for Seattle? Waitlisted before #4, but haven't gotten a call yet so I can't help but feel a little nervous.
I believe they have your interviewer call you, so it may be very temporarily out of order until everyone's gotten to making the call!

Yes Seattle! And as @azalea27 said, excom members are told how many people are off the waitlist so they may call at different times throughout the day. The call will come!

Reactions: 1 users
Super specific question, but how long is the phone call usually and what do they go over?

Super specific question, but how long is the phone call usually and what do they go over?

Idk how other phone calls were like, but mine was very brief, I was congratulated and told I would be receiving an official offer email later that day.

Also, I have officially withdrawn from the Idaho cohort! Best of luck to everyone, and congratulations!

Idk how other phone calls were like, but mine was very brief, I was congratulated and told I would be receiving an official offer email later that day.
Thank you! I’m sure they’re all similar in format. Hoping to get a call soon

UWSOM’s portal says they’re on alternate #2. Would anyone know the reason for this discrepancy?
Not sure the reason behind it, but historically there seems to be a lag in the portal. It could be off significantly, based on the last few years on SDN. I wonder if it’s automated or manually inputted.

I got the acceptance phone call around 6:40 PM! #15 on the WL, I'm rooting for you guys!!

Reactions: 3 users
When I look at the "Alternate List Offer" tab, it still gives me the option to click submit and doesn't gray out the choices of decline/accept. However, there's also a message "Note: This page is completed". I'm a lil paranoid about this and was hoping to see if anyone else had the same issue? In AMCAS' CYMS, it does say I'm on UW's alternate list.

When I look at the "Alternate List Offer" tab, it still gives me the option to click submit and doesn't gray out the choices of decline/accept. However, there's also a message "Note: This page is completed". I'm a lil paranoid about this and was hoping to see if anyone else had the same issue? In AMCAS' CYMS, it does say I'm on UW's alternate list.

Mine says the same thing and I had the same double take. I think we’re good since it says “this page is completed” and that we can see the WL count. Also that we both had the same neurotic thought haha. It’s not the best webpage setup.

Anyone else sub-15 and still haven’t received the call? Congrats to everyone who’s been accepted already!

Update: The EXCOM who interviewed you is the one who calls for the acceptance. As others have mentioned, the order of calls may be very temporarily out of order (even by one day) for this reason due to the EXCOM's availability.

Last edited:
Mine says the same thing and I had the same double take. I think we’re good since it says “this page is completed” and that we can see the WL count. Also that we both had the same neurotic thought haha. It’s not the best webpage setup.
Right?! I'm glad I wasn't the only one haha this entire thing is STRESS INDUCING.

Right?! I'm glad I wasn't the only one haha this entire thing is STRESS INDUCING.
That's a relief, I was about to send an email to the admissions about this very thing also

Glad to see the alternate list has at least reached the 16 mark. Hoping it keeps going at this rate! How are my fellow 30’s doing? Personally nervous and anxious :arghh:

Glad to see the alternate list has at least reached the 16 mark. Hoping it keeps going at this rate! How are my fellow 30’s doing? Personally nervous and anxious :arghh:
I'm pretty sure they usually hit the 40s on the WL! You should be good!!

I'm pretty sure they usually hit the 40s on the WL! You should be good!!
Yep I don’t think they’ve stopped in the thirties for these past few years (before COVID). No foreseeable reason the trend would stop suddenly. Seems like the movement is substantial so far this year, You got dis!

Yep I don’t think they’ve stopped in the thirties for these past few years (before COVID). No foreseeable reason the trend would stop suddenly. Seems like the movement is substantial so far this year, You got dis!
Yall are so sweet. So difficult explaining the process to family and friends who haven’t gone through the same thing. Happy to see the supportive environment on here :)

Anyone know roughly how long it takes for the acceptance to show up as available on the CYMS tool? This was my only A, so the option to even use CYMS isn't open to me yet.

Anyone know roughly how long it takes for the acceptance to show up as available on the CYMS tool? This was my only A, so the option to even use CYMS isn't open to me yet.
It was about 4 hours for me

Has anyone from the Seattle cohort received an acceptance call today?

Has anyone from the Seattle cohort received an acceptance call today?
No portal is still at 22 :cryi: but I am in the early 30s so not sure how helpful that is lol. If anyone does get a call please post!!