3.72/506/FL/White. WAMC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

APB7

Reaction score
Hello! I am applying to the 2021/2022 cycle and was only planning to apply to 4 in-state MD schools. After discussion and further thought, I would like to expand my list of schools to include out-of-state options. Please help!
I am open to any advice or comments. I am a non-traditional applicant (1< year since undergrad).

** I have not taken Inorganic chemistry**

• white female
  • State/Country of Residence: FL
  • Ties to other States/Regions: VA, NC
  • Year in School: Graduated summer 2019
  • Undergraduate Major(s)/Minor(s): Interdisciplinary Medical Sciences: clinical health professions
  • Graduate Degrees (if applicable): None
  • Cumulative GPA: 3.72 (first-generation college student, graduated Cum Laude)
  • Science GPA: 3.68
  • MCAT Score(s): 506 (127/124/128/127) - scheduled to retake July 22nd.
  • Research Experience: 50 hours in Anthropology lab doing independent research project - organizing skeletal remains: classifying pathologies present in different skeletal remains, measuring multiple cranial features, and recording non-metric cranial features. Then using a discriminant function analysis to estimate the sex, ancestry, and stature of an unknown skeleton.
  • Publications/Abstracts/Posters: wrote a capstone project/ systematic review/Meta-Analyses on "The Relationship between Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder." Presented findings at graduation colloquium at my undergraduate school's College of Medicine.
  • Clinical Experience (paid or volunteer): 1500 hours as paid MA, scribe, and surgical assistant at a dermatology clinic. 100 hours volunteered as EMT In training. 70 hours volunteered in the emergency room and post-anesthesia care unit.
  • Physician Shadowing: 60 hours shadowing multiple urologists, anesthesiologists, PA, and OB-GYN. I was able to shadow in both surgery and clinic setting.
  • Non-Clinical Volunteering: Member of pre-AMSA for 2 years (participated in small volunteer opportunities(Ronald Mcdonald house, The Alzheimer's project) ~25 hours and attended 2-day conference at COM in Tampa for PreMed fest)
  • Other Extracurricular Activities: Hobbies: Golf-Captain of the golf team.
  • Other Employment History: 800 hours as a paid receptionist at a veterinary clinic.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I suggest these schools with your stats:
U Florida
Florida State
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
Central Florida
NOVA MD
TCU-UNT
Creighton
Loyola