ABEM Qualifying Results?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kajunman

Beer Tester
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my QE back in November and I am anxiously awaiting my resuts....

I was hoping some of the more recent grads out there can tell me in general when yall got yalls scores back.

Thanks,
Kajunman

Members don't see this ad.

I took my QE back in November and I am anxiously awaiting my resuts....

I was hoping some of the more recent grads out there can tell me in general when yall got yalls scores back.

Thanks,
Kajunman

I am right with you man...

The concert was given exact a month prior to our qualifying and those scores came out Dec 9th (2 mos post test). If you look at prior SDN posts, the first 2 weeks of Jan is a good target...

I vote between Jan 7-Jan 17 we should see the results come back...

LOL... I wrote this then realized who the poster was. To others, sorry we are friends and went to residency together...

You can find out before you get anything in the mail by logging into ABEM's website and looking at your expiration date of your certification. When you become board certified, it'll display a date.

I think I got results in late December (around this time), but it's been 3 years so my memory may not be correct.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can find out before you get anything in the mail by logging into ABEM's website and looking at your expiration date of your certification. When you become board certified, it'll display a date.

I think I got results in late December (around this time), but it's been 3 years so my memory may not be correct.

That's for orals. They took the written.

Last year I got the written score second half of January.

The wait is killing. I was ok in Dec..but now I am anxiously expecting it.

The wait is killing. I was ok in Dec..but now I am anxiously expecting it.

FYI, posted on the ABEM website a few hours ago:

"NEW! The 2011 qualifying examination was administered November 7-12. Results were mailed January 11, 2012. (1/11/2012)"

Literally any day boys and girls!!

FYI, posted on the ABEM website a few hours ago:

"NEW! The 2011 qualifying examination was administered November 7-12. Results were mailed January 11, 2012. (1/11/2012)"

Literally any day boys and girls!!

:scared::eek: Thanks!

Did you guys try the thing where you long onto your "personal page" on ABEM? It actually worked for me a few years ago. Under "certification expiration" or something like that it said a date 10 years away. I remember it being before I got my results in the mail but I'm not sure if it was the day they were mailed or the next day. Good luck!

Did you guys try the thing where you long onto your "personal page" on ABEM? It actually worked for me a few years ago. Under "certification expiration" or something like that it said a date 10 years away. I remember it being before I got my results in the mail but I'm not sure if it was the day they were mailed or the next day. Good luck!

I think that applies after the oral exam, not the written. But I'm still checking their website every day!

I'm surprised it's coming by snail mail. I would have figured it would be via email.

I think that applies after the oral exam, not the written. But I'm still checking their website every day!

I'm surprised it's coming by snail mail. I would have figured it would be via email.

Oh, yeah. Sorry for getting anyone unnecessarily jacked. Good luck guys!

Just got my letter in the mail. I passed! Came in large white envelope, FWIW.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, so there's a way to get it online:
On the abem.org main site, click on "EMCC" in the sidebar.
Then click on "View Examination Score History" in the sidebar.

Ta da.

Ta da.

Wish we knew this a few days ago!!!

I just got home and had the envelope in the mail.

I passed! Git R Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My entire residency class passed as well so that was a great shared feeling!

Last edited:

Ta da.

I LOVE YOU
Saved me another day of agony.

I PASSED!

Ta da.

THANK YOU!!! for the link.

I PASSED!!!

=

Last edited:

Ta da.
Are you talking about EMCC online button on left sidebar? when I clicked that it offers to show me my status but there's no button "examination history". Nothing in mail either. Thanks!

untitled-2.gif

Thank you thank you thank you!!! passed!!!

I was at first confused and couldn't find the view examination score history link. The key is, you have to sign in to the ABEM site first.

The way to see your exam results is:
-click on abem public website
-click on emcc online
-finally, click on view examination score history

Your score will then pop up!

Thanks for posting this! I passed! Also for people with macs, even with firefox I was unable to get to the part of the site that has the score. It worked on my husbands pc though.

Cool. Now change your status. Unless somehow you passed and are still a resident.
wouldn't that be amazing...i was just superstitious about not changing it till I passed!

I change my mind

Last edited:
I still haven't gotten mine in the mail.
I did get a letter from the AAP though. Strange, since I don't actually, you know, have any association with them personally.

You haven't gotten yours yet? That's really late but you can defo see it the back way described as above. The part I didn't quite understand was it said there was an 84% pass rate for all takers and a 91% pass rate for EM-trained first-time takers. Are those numbers standard or on the low side? Also, why would it specifically say EM-residency trained? Does that mean people who did not do EM residency are also taking the EM boards? Totally not looking to read too much into it, but just curious. Fortunately I came out on the good side of it so I'm not looking to stalk the ABEM board for revenge :).

got 72 twice, alittle hurt given all the studying i did, anyone there help me get over the hump.

Sorry to hear that saddoc. Not sure how I'd change your studying. I personally did some of PEER VI, all of PEER VII, some of PEER VIII (which I am totally not impressed by, don't buy it) and all of 1000emergencymedicinequestions.com . However, I didn't feel this year's ABEM exam was like any of it. I felt a lot of questions were very ambiguous where you could narrow down to 2 and then couldn't choose between the two because they were equally good or equally bad (usually equally bad). There were some straightforward gimme's, but I felt there were far more ambiguous ones. I don't really know how you would change your studying to prepare for that.

I also took a course (on DVD, I didn't actually attend the actual course). I don't really know if that helped either because I found the information was just very basic - I guess good refresher and good for buzzwords, but wouldn't help the ambiguity of the exam either.

Good luck.

thanks l, i remember a few questions that i got wrong that would have put me over etc etc, i also used the ohio cds, its just fustrating, but guess just got to buckle up and knock it out

Last edited:
Just to be careful, I would modify your post above and take out those specifics as that could cause a rucus with ABEM as releasing test material... better safe than sorry.

I would take a review course, or take a couple of them...

I think largely new grads do not take a course, but I am certain it helped me. I know my points was a bit higher because of the course I took and if you could just edge a few points you would be golden..

I really feel for you; that has to be a tough situation to find yourself in professionally and emotionally. Keep the chin up and tear it up next year.

On the plus side, I did get my oral boards date in the mail today. The same day as my score finally got to my house. Apparently ABEM didn't have my forwarding address.

Now if I could just get them to stop using my SSN as my middle name......

I wonder if there's any way to find out online when we're taking the oral boards? I'm dying to figure this out. So many plans riding on spring vs fall - and I'm also trying to squeeze in a review course somewhere.

got 72 twice, alittle hurt given all the studying i did, anyone there help me get over the hump.

Questions, questions, questions. As many as you can get hold of. And in your case I would definitely do a review course; I would bet that your problem isn't knowledge but test-taking strategy, and this is where a review course can really help.

Hang in there!

this year's results appear to be up online.
see this thread for how to access them.
only difference from previous years is EMCC online is now called MOC online.

this year's results appear to be up online.
see this thread for how to access them.
only difference from previous years is EMCC online is now called MOC online.

Ok, the website is very painful. I logged in initially. I then clicked on the MOC online tab on internet explorer (wont work on mac so using my PC).

From the MOC online tab, I get a dropdown of choices:
MOC overview
MOC requirements
MOC Professional Standing etc etc etc

What next? I see nothing about an examination results tab and have clicked every link woth no luck.

Ok, the website is very painful. I logged in initially. I then clicked on the MOC online tab on internet explorer (wont work on mac so using my PC).

From the MOC online tab, I get a dropdown of choices:
MOC overview
MOC requirements
MOC Professional Standing etc etc etc

What next? I see nothing about an examination results tab and have clicked every link woth no luck.
Left side, second link from the bottom on the Abem home public page (after logging in) says "ABEM MOC ONLINE" - click on that and then wait for it to load (it took mine a few seconds - I had actually clicked away from it before it loaded a couple of times) - then you'll see the screen similar to what's pasted earlier in this post with the option to "view examination score history". Good luck!

I used a mac, saw a passing score this am. Now the score result is gone. Anyone else have experience with this? I called ABEM. they claim any score seen is not valid.

I'm bummed. I've tried three different browsers on my Mac, then called to have someone try it on their PC. My status says I'm a "candidate" and that my status was updated 12/18/2012, but no score! I'm not a very patient person... :)

I saw my score and not posted now as well. I'm hoping there wasn't a big screwup and I saw the wrong score. Curious to see other people's experiences.