ACOG Annual Clinical Meeting in New Orleans, LA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Babycatcher2B

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I just wanted to know if anyone out there is going to the ACOG meeting in New Orleans, LA this May?

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be there. Are you currently getting bombarded by mail from booth sponsors?

I was even mistakenly asked to be a peer reviewer for one of the lunch talks on REI!

Hi All,

I just wanted to know if anyone out there is going to the ACOG meeting in New Orleans, LA this May?

I'll be there. Are you currently getting bombarded by mail from booth sponsors?

I was even mistakenly asked to be a peer reviewer for one of the lunch talks on REI!

Nope I haven't gotten any emails of the such. What events are you going to attend? Are you signed up for any of the student events?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be there! There are 6 med students from Case coming this year.

And, yes, I've been getting mailboxes full of "come to our booth" postcards. My favorite was the day I got postcards from both an almond purveyor and a sexual wellbeing device booth. The options are endless!

Nope I haven't gotten any emails of the such. What events are you going to attend? Are you signed up for any of the student events?

I'm signed up/attending the following things.

Sunday 3-5: "Preparing your CV and Personal Statement", and "Finding the right Residency"
Sunday 7-10: Welcome Reception
Monday: 12-4 "OB-GYN as a Career: Residency training..." (possibly a 12-1 meeting for applying to subspecialties, if I can swing it)
Monday 5:30-7: Medical Student Reception
Monday 8-whenever: Unofficial med student meet and greet at Pat O'brien's in the french quarter.
Tuesday 11-3: Residency fair
Tuesday 12-1:15: Brown bag seminar on REI
Tuesday 3-5: Introductory skills workshop
Wednesday 12-2: Farewell Reception

Still up in the air for the "ball" that they are throwing one of the nights. I think it was like $100. Everything I signed up for was free, as was registration in general, except for the REI brown bag lunch. And of course I'm looking forward to the New Orleans night life!

Also, a friend of mine at Wake had to back out of the meeting, so I was hoping to find someone else to split the hotel room with. It's at the Hampton Inn Convention Center. PM if anyone is interested. I promise I'm a normal, non-messy person!

I just checked my mail box today (after I discovered that all my mail had been going to the wrong box at my apt) and I have TONS of postcards from the booths to be at the meeting.

I'll be there...standing next to 3 posters. Eeek! What have I gotten myself into?!?:eek:

oh yeah! The mailings have been AWFUL!! I feel responsible for the death of 10,000 trees!

I am a soon-to-be intern at Emory and I will be there along with another classmate who matched at Yale. We are siked!

Hi guys!

I'm a soon-to-be intern at Yale and I am going to New Orleans with my awesome classmate, who will be at Emory!!!
:D

lol, small world. We are going to meet so many people next week. Can't wait.