April 30th Deadline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JukeBoxHeroo

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a hard rule on April 30th about withdrawing from all but one school. Also are we supposed to withdraw from everything by April 29th at 11:59PM (by the start of April 30th) or April 30th at 11:59PM (at the end)? If we do not narrow the list to one by that deadline are we pulled off of the accepted students list? I am expecting to get more information on my financial aid on that date so the timeline matters to me.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
So I have 2 MD acceptances and am on 0 WL. The individual CTE deadlines for my 2 schools are 6/24/24 and 6/30/24 according to their websites. But AMCAS says I can only hold 1 acceptance after April 30th? I am still waiting on financial aid packages. So, do I have until the earlier CTE deadline, 6/24/24 to choose? Or do I have to make a decision April 30th?

Members don't see this ad :)
So I have 2 MD acceptances and am on 0 WL. The individual CTE deadlines for my 2 schools are 6/24/24 and 6/30/24 according to their websites. But AMCAS says I can only hold 1 acceptance after April 30th? I am still waiting on financial aid packages. So, do I have until the earlier CTE deadline, 6/24/24 to choose? Or do I have to make a decision April 30th?
Contact the schools and get their approval to extend your decision until financial aid info is available. If they don't give approval, you will need to make a decision with imperfect data.

I am waitlisted at 1 MD school. However when I login to the AAMC, I do not see the CYMS School to select the PTE. What am I missing?

I believe you can only see it once you are accepted
I was under the same impression but reading through this thread, I read that you need to PTE even when you are on the alternate list (which I equate to a Waitlist). Also see this screenshot from the CYMS user guide.

1714426414914.png