are there issues with waiting too long to accept an admission?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joer123

Reaction score
This may be a goofy question. I received multiple acceptances this cycle and am still waiting for financial aid packages from schools. There is a school I am most likely to attend, however, I am not prepared to accept until I am able to hear all my aid packages and maximize the amount I will get. I know I have until April 30th, but is there a situation where a school may say "we've filled our class with students who accepted before you and you'll have to wait until next year?"

Members don't see this ad.

This may be a goofy question. I received multiple acceptances this cycle and am still waiting for financial aid packages from schools. There is a school I am most likely to attend, however, I am not prepared to accept until I am able to hear all my aid packages and maximize the amount I will get. I know I have until April 30th, but is there a situation where a school may say "we've filled our class with students who accepted before you and you'll have to wait until next year?"
I have difficulty imagining a process without explicit deadlines.

The Traffic Rules allow medical schools to overenroll at their peril, but you will have to whittle down your active offers to 1 by the end of April.

Every school should be understanding if you need financial aid information, but they will give you a deadline to act.

Reactions: 1 users