Berkeley students applying to UCLA??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wasabi007

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any other Berkeley students who have/are applying to UCLA? If so, I was just wondering which of the Chem series did you take to fulfill the G-Chem and O-chem requirements for UCLA? I just got very disturbing news that I am missing one semester of O-chem (I think they meant G-Chem though). I took Chem 1A, Chem 3A, Chem 3B, and MCB 102. I referred them to Patti Meyer's letter, which explains the situation for Cal students. However, they still say that our Chem series doesn't fulfill their requirements!! Does anyone know if other Cal students have come across the same situation? I really don't want to go through Ochem or Gchem again if not necessary. Please help!! :(

-wasabi007

Members don't see this ad.

wasabi007, i am a bear, but i took all my chem class in other college.

this is from the Cal web site

Chemistry - Most pre-dental students will meet the requirements with Chemistry 1A, 3A-3B, and MCB 102. 1B may be taken after 3B, if a school of particular interest insists upon a year of general chemistry. Chemistry 5 following 1A also may satisfy the requirement for one year of general chemistry with lab. However, Chemistry 1A, 3A and 3B, and MCB 102 will satisfy most schools. Chemistry 112A and 112B are perfectly acceptable to satisfy organic chemistry requirements as are Chemistry 4A and 4B for general chemistry.
this is address:
<a href="http://career.berkeley.edu/health/dentistryprep.stm" target="_blank">http://career.berkeley.edu/health/dentistryprep.stm</a>

hope that help

David

Oh yeah! The old standard boiler plate "weasel words" (most, usually, in general etc) have apparently taken their tole again.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for your replies!

david: where did you take your chem classes? ucla wants me to take another g-chem or ochem course. i'm looking for something easy at a JC so that i can complete it easily while i'm working. i'm looking at dvc, vista, or laney. did you take your chem at any of those 3 jc's? if so, what course did you take and what profs do you recommend? thanks for your input!

-wasabi007

wasabi007, i didnot take any class in these three schools. but i have heared a lot of good things about dvc, and it should be a good school. also laney is a big school, and there are many profs that u can take. chem 1b should be a better choice for you, but i am sure you can easily get an A in any class :)

Go BIG RED!! :D