“Best moment in pre-med medicine”

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted966164

Hi guys,

This is just a light thread to ease off the application tension. I invite you to post your “best moment in pre-med medicine”. Just something like that “Scrubs” episode...

I work as an ER tech. Couple weeks ago I was helping this old fragile lady to the bedside commode. I’ve noticed a yellowish spot on her back, betadine from LP. I’m thinking to myself - well, that’s not good. As she’s breathing in my face and we’re standing next to the bed, the doc comes in and says “Well... it looks like you’ve got meningitis...” I almost dropped her. Doc asked me later to do something for him for another patient and I said it’s pretty difficult to do it with a stiff neck :)

What’s your most memorable moment?

Members don't see this ad.

I was a phleb for 4 AM rounds at the hospital. This patient had been completely unconscious and unresponsive to anyone and everything. I still shook her foot to “wake her up,” gave my introduction, described everything that I was doing. “I am going to place the tourniquet, I am cleaning the site with alcohol, You are going to feel a small poke” she didn’t respond to everything, including the needle. As I walked out the room I still said ‘have a nice day’ and she hit me back with a very quite “thank you.” My ass busted over to the nurses station to let them know right quick that the patient in room 6XX was responsive. Don’t know what happened to her, but she was not there the next day.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users