Boston University vs Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdpassion10

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
As the 2022-2023 application cycle is closing, I have been accepted to 2 medical schools - Boston University and Georgetown University. I just got accepted from the waitlist for one of them and so need to make a quick decision. I am truly grateful to have the opportunity to pick between these two schools, and it is difficult since they were both pretty high on my list of schools I wanted to attend. While I am really humbled to be in this position, I am a little lost on which institution would be best for me to attend. None of them are close to home, so location isn't too much of an issue.

If anyone could share their insight on the student life, student faculty interaction, or any other information that would be great.

Also I am interested in competitive specialties for residency matching and so I was wondering which university would help more in terms of providing resources/ support towards getting into a specialty like orthopedic surgery, dermatology, etc.

I am also not sure which among the two universities are more close to NBME curriculum?

If anyone has any information that could help me make this decision I would be really grateful. Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.