can i use the phrase until the day I die in my PS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

infinitestars

Reaction score
I am contemplating using the phrase until the day I day in my personal statement. I think it makes my statement stand out in the conclusion but I do not know if this is too informal or I will be viewed as unstable which I do not want to come off as. Any thoughts ?

Members don't see this ad.

I don’t see why not. If that phrase is the best to close your personal statement, go for it.

I am contemplating using the phrase until the day I day in my personal statement. I think it makes my statement stand out in the conclusion but I do not know if this is too informal or I will be viewed as unstable which I do not want to come off as. Any thoughts ?
Without knowing the full context, I would generally not recommend using "until the day I die" in a personal statement. Seems overly dramatic, and there are other ways to convey the same information in a more professional setting. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just don't like it. You just can't predict something that will happen in the future aside from a statement such as "I will keep breathing until the day I die."

Reactions: 3 users
To this writer, the phrase is well intended but cringeworthy: it's an overused exaggeration, and (with very few exceptions) used purely for emotional impact.

Reactions: 2 users
Without knowing the full context, I would generally not recommend using "until the day I die" in a personal statement. Seems overly dramatic, and there are other ways to convey the same information in a more professional setting. Just my thoughts.
it's also a lot longer than "never," which I always try to avoid, but to echo @Moko, without context it's impossible to say.

Reactions: 2 users