Can someone advise me (repost)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ExAmateurEconomist

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
I'm looking to change my pre med job to phlebotomy so I can make more money btw, and because I feel more comfortable with it. I want to get into a relationship soon, but I want to date within my religion, Islam, but that is only supposed to happen when the man is fit to provide and both are psychologically mentally and spiritually and emotionally ready to get married, ive got a couple of people in mind, but if I date them before someone else gets a chance, (idk i suppose i could just ask them to wait for me but it seems weird and i feel shy) id be in med school, and i am against getting into debt, for religious and financial reasons (religious prohibition on interest) which means my parents and some other people maybe would have to fund me but if i ever got married id have to get into some serious finances. any muslims who could advise me on interest or "riba"? cause im thinking of just either a) getting out the loan and letting my parents fund my living expenses b) get into md phd which may be unrealistic given my grades c) give up medical school d) give up dating, focus on studies @gyngyn I heard you might be able to help

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm looking to change my pre med job to phlebotomy so I can make more money btw, and because I feel more comfortable with it. I want to get into a relationship soon, but I want to date within my religion, Islam, but that is only supposed to happen when the man is fit to provide and both are psychologically mentally and spiritually and emotionally ready to get married, ive got a couple of people in mind, but if I date them before someone else gets a chance, (idk i suppose i could just ask them to wait for me but it seems weird and i feel shy) id be in med school, and i am against getting into debt, for religious and financial reasons (religious prohibition on interest) which means my parents and some other people maybe would have to fund me but if i ever got married id have to get into some serious finances. any muslims who could advise me on interest or "riba"? cause im thinking of just either a) getting out the loan and letting my parents fund my living expenses b) get into md phd which may be unrealistic given my grades c) give up medical school d) give up dating, focus on studies @gyngyn I heard you might be able to help
If you haven't done so already, talk to your Imam about taking out a loan and paying i interest, as opposed to giving loans with interest.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you haven't done so already, talk to your Imam about taking out a loan and paying i interest, as opposed to giving loans with interest.
The mental gymnastics of those types of loans has always impressed me.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I already talked to my imam, he said it's fine since there's pretty much no way to go to med school without it and I'd be doing a great service as a doctor. And that all the students who go to med school in our community do that already.

Also, I've decided not to focus on dating so much as focusing on my studies. I'll probably just have a formal, traditional matchmaking marriage during my internship. Until then, I won't get distracted with girls or talk to them unnecessarily; in Islam in most views talking to strange women as a man unnecessarily is a sin. most dont follow based on my observations, at least in my circle. ill be more observant. i tend to be impulsive anyway, so it's best to just focus on my studies, and hope the girls come later.

Your post is just a BIT all over the place. If you want to become a phlebotomist, become a phlebotomist. No one is going to stop you. Not sure exactly what your question is concerning dating, but you might want to post it in the "spouses and partners" forum near the bottom of the main SDN web page.

Are your parents financially prepared to pay in full for med school? Cuz if they aren't, you are going to have to get into debt eventually--may want to re-think your career options if this is that important to you. I'm not sure that I totally understand your post so maybe you could break it down a little more clear like
1) Debt worries
2) Dating
3) Family concerns
4) Job

Good luck with everything.

Reactions: 2 users