Case Western interview.. need some info about time.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

exmike

NOR * CAL
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For people that have gone, the invite letter doesnt seem to say when its over. I need to know so I can have some dates in mind before I call to schedule. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

When I interviewed, people were done as early as 1:30, or as late as 5. If you tell the secretary your time constarints, she should work with you to see that you get a morning interview and are done with your day by 1:30-- they're very nice about everything (they even gave us candy).

Originally posted by duka
When I interviewed, people were done as early as 1:30, or as late as 5. If you tell the secretary your time constarints, she should work with you to see that you get a morning interview and are done with your day by 1:30-- they're very nice about everything (they even gave us candy).

Thanks, also, how close to the airport is it?

Members don't see this ad :)
i think the cab ride from the airport took about 30 minutes... it was like $40, including tip

The airport is about 25 minutes away, but you'll need to allocate more time if you're taking a cab or the rapid transit.

If you have a morning interview the last event of the day is a tour, and I believe that starts at noon.

Good luck! Case is an excellent school, I adore it here. :)

Jade~

take the rapid. it's cheap and fast. although it didn't give the best view of cleveland. at least, i hope that wasn't the best view of cleveland

Originally posted by Dr. Sinister
take the rapid. it's cheap and fast. although it didn't give the best view of cleveland. at least, i hope that wasn't the best view of cleveland

I'm going down to CW next week for an interview too. Just wondering, how do I get on the "rapid?"

Originally posted by kwanny
how do I get on the "rapid?"

it's actually in the airport. follow the "ground transportation" signs, and you're there. it's like $2, and it takes you straight to cwru. good luck!

Originally posted by Dr. Sinister
it's actually in the airport. follow the "ground transportation" signs, and you're there. it's like $2, and it takes you straight to cwru. good luck!

Sweet. I'm assuming it operates till late at night? Thanks.

I wouldn't go on it incredibly late at night. It goes through some bad areas, and there's no security of any kind on those trains. If you're staying with a student, the rapid is the best choice by far cuz they can pick you up at the Univeristy Circle station (I think that's what it's called). If you're doin your own arrangements(e.g. hotel), I think you'd have to go for the cab.

kwanny what day are you interviewing.

Ohio is central time, right?

exmike: my interview's on friday

Members don't see this ad :)
FYI, the exit to CWRU from the RAPID is University Circle. If you are staying at the Guesthouse though, take the RAPID all the way to the last stop, and then take the 6 bus to the Guesthouse. CWRU is about 20 minutes walking from this hotel. But you oculd also take the 6 bus to CWRU. Everybody else paid 40 bucks to take the taxi from CWRU to the airport. I paid $2.75.

For people who are interviewing or have interviewed at Case

Did you guys get your interviewer's name?

Case gave me my interviewer's name in a month in advance. Is that normal?

Cool. That was nice of them. I think all schools should do that. It's kinda nice when you know who you are interviewing with instead of he/she knowing everything about you and you knowing nothing about them.

Just spent $320 on round trip ticket to cleveland, OH... which makes my bank account balance at $17. 23...

Not only is this amount the most I spent on any airplane ticket, but also the only flight i had to make more than one stop... man... where the heck is cleveland anyway?

Originally posted by kwanny
Just spent $320 on round trip ticket to cleveland, OH... which makes my bank account balance at $17. 23...

Not only is this amount the most I spent on any airplane ticket, but also the only flight i had to make more than one stop... man... where the heck is cleveland anyway?

OH **** DUDE :eek: That's ALOT of money.

That's why I put my interviews on Monday & Tuesday - so I could have the weekend to get there.

I'm going by greyhound - yea it's going to take 9 hours to get there but it's only 112 bucks roundtrip. Can't beat that.

southwest air is a wonderful thing-- no saturday night stayover, quick, cheep, easy, and no stops-- if your spending that much on a plane ticket, give it a shot, even if you have to bus yourself to a different airport.

at this stage, am I interviewing for a waitlist spot?

What the hell kind of question is this?

Whats your problem? Because my interview is middle of the season rather than early, i was wondering if its more likely id get waitlisted at this point.

Originally posted by lavinder16
What the hell kind of question is this?

Sorry dude. I was just joshin' ya. That's a valid question! ;) Case is rolling anyway, so your chances are just as now as at anytime.

Originally posted by exmike
at this stage, am I interviewing for a waitlist spot?

I interviewed November 18th last year and got accepted a couple weeks later.

Originally posted by exmike
Whats your problem? Because my interview is middle of the season rather than early, i was wondering if its more likely id get waitlisted at this point.

Chill bro. It's still "earliesh." I'd be worried if I was interviewing sometime in February. G'luck.