CONGRATULATIONS! Where did ya match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OldManDave

Fossil Bouncer Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
To everyone who matched - my sincerest CONGRATULATIONS! To those of you in the scramble - I wish you the best of luck & success!

Since everyone learns today at noon, I thought I would start this congratulatory thread & ask everyone to post where they are going to do gas.

WELCOME TO THE PROFESSION! YOU HAVE MADE A WISE CHOICE, in my humble opinion!!!

Members don't see this ad.

CONGRATS EVERYONE! I've been following this forum for a while and am very curious as to where everyone ends up (as are most of us MSIII's). Also, in addition to what OLDMANDAVE requested (where you are going) could you please give a breakdown of your stats (its anonymous, no one's going to know...plus maybe it will give some of us hope :D ). Thanks, and congrats...go have a beer now!

ThinkFast007 said:
CONGRATS EVERYONE! I've been following this forum for a while and am very curious as to where everyone ends up (as are most of us MSIII's). Also, in addition to what OLDMANDAVE requested (where you are going) could you please give a breakdown of your stats (its anonymous, no one's going to know...plus maybe it will give some of us hope :D ). Thanks, and congrats...go have a beer now!

I would think that that stats matter up to only a certain point. Some programs may have cut-off points. Given the present level of competition and what is considered to be an acceptable USMLE score I would say that a score greater than 200 should get you in somewhere. Red flags that can make matching difficult are having to repeat a USMLE, failing a rotation , repeating a year of med school, disiplinary problems. I applied outside of the match. I know that some programs use repeating the usmle as a screen.
Some applications do not even get to the pd. They are screened by his/ her assistant.

Not matching can be a function of a few things. The saddest reason for an applicant not matching is reaching too high and not including enough safety programs. Most people worry needlessly about matching.

CambieMD

Members don't see this ad :)
Northwestern Anesthesia BOUND! i got the 4 yr program...WOOHOO! my #1!

Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Got my number 1, Yale and Griffin
Moving to CT for 4 yrs :love:

UT Southwestern baby!!!! WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!

Not too thrilled about Dallas (too much family) but love the program.

My dream is now complete!! Being an IMG makes everything a little sweeter. Congrats to everyone!

Preliminary Medicine- Ohio State
Anesthesiology- Ohio State

I'll get my fill of college football with the Buckeyes!!

Anyone else heading to columbus?

4 Years at USF, yes, it was first choice. Did want to leave family and move from Tampa.

God Bless!

Headed west to Stanford, baby :D

PGY-1 @ UPitt

Got my number 1 choice: Penn State 4 yr. Loved the area, and I can fly-fish until I'm blue in the face. Hope everyone is happy with their match!

Good Luck!

congrats everyone.....and happy st pattys day.... :luck:

got my #2 - Johns Hopkins (#1 was sinai)............

woo hoo

jp

Members don't see this ad :)
Swaydaa said:
My dream is now complete!! Being an IMG makes everything a little sweeter. Congrats to everyone!

Preliminary Medicine- Ohio State
Anesthesiology- Ohio State

I'll get my fill of college football with the Buckeyes!!

Anyone else heading to columbus?

Feel the same way,I am an IMG,its like I am dreaming

Got my # 1 - University of Florida :luck:
Congratulations, everybody!!!!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

PGY1: UPMC
PGY2-4: UMass

Congrats to everyone!! :D

Got my #2. And, yes, it is a very good program in the Northeast. That's all I'm going to say publicly. ;)

-Skip

Skip Intro said:
Got my #2. And, yes, it is a very good program in the Northeast. That's all I'm going to say publicly. ;)

-Skip

Hey skip,you should change your name fromm 'Skip' to 'Skeptic' :laugh:
Just joking,don't kill me if you are coming anywhere near my program.

Whazzzz up!
Going to NYC...thank god for my marriage
First choice: Pgy-2 NYP Hosp-Cornell
Second choice:Transitional Mammonides

that's all she wrote :D
peace BNMD

PGY-1 currently completing osteopathic internship :)
next year - working/research :cool:
PGY-2 (CA-1) Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit :D
very excited and relieved!!! :rolleyes:
congrats to all

Wake Forest 4 year - my first choice - yippeeee :luck:
congratulations to everyone who matched and Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

+pissed+ :barf: :smuggrin: :( :( :(

That's all I have to say. Well, at least I'll still be an anesthesiologist. I'll just have to shoot for a kick ass fellowship in four years. :(

Congrats to everyone who got their top picks!!

Brigham and Women's for anesthesia, Carney for transitional
Now for some basketball and St. patty's celebration!!

Got my #2............Yale (advanced). A little bitterweet, feeling a little betrayed by my #1, I rotated there, received excellent feedback, numerous email correspondence from the PD. But hey, how can I be disappointed with Yale. New Haven here I come!!!!!!!!!!

Headed to the Northeast...
Johns Hopkins #1 choice- 4 year
Everyone let's drink some green beer for St. Patty's day! :luck:

Hey, Gasgodess,
Sorry to hear you didn't get the one you wanted the most. But it can't be a bad one ;) - I remember, you've had pretty good choices on your list( before you edited it ).
In the end you'll be happy where you go, you'll see, and I wish you that wholeheartedly.

NYU Downtown-medicine prelim
Beth Israel Deaconess-Anes

Both #3 choices......I'm thrilled!

yankeeh8r said:
Unlike Skip, I won't be shady. Got mi numero uno. Going to Utah. Totally stoked.

Your going to love Utah.........I grew up there, and its nothing like what people think it is. Cost of living is butt cheap, incredible skiing and outdoors, people are as nice as anywhere, and the women......"If you like Blondes, your in Heaven." Some of the best looking woman I have seen, and I lived in 7 states. If your married, great place to raise a family. I'm jealous. Good luck!

I'm guessing with the name Yankeeh8r, you must be a fellow member of the redsox nation ?

Medical College of Wisconsin, my first choice. :)

Since I'll be close to Chicago, I can't wait to see the Cardinals beat the Cubs while I'm living there. LOL

Congrats to everyone!!!

#1....staying "home" at UTMB!! Yea! :D What a great day!

Hope everyone enjoyed it and have fun but be safe tonight!! :luck:

bignursemd said:
Whazzzz up!
Going to NYC...thank god for my marriage
First choice: Pgy-2 NYP Hosp-Cornell
Second choice:Transitional Mammonides

that's all she wrote :D
peace BNMD

see you in 1 year!!!
Prelim: Carney boston
Anest: Cornell

Got my first choice at BID! Prelim at Lehey clinic. I'll see you there jtw - good times!

Matched at my #1 as well -- UTMB !! Looks like I'll be meeting you soon txdoc2b :). I can't wait !!

Bioaggie

Got my first choice....

Transitional: UT Knoxville
Anesthesia: UT Knoxville

Congrats to all..........

VCU/MCV

Congrats to all

hoyden said:
Got my # 1 - University of Florida :luck:
Congratulations, everybody!!!!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Yea, what he said :D

Johns Hopkins - My #1

Congrats to all.

congrats to all...

columbia- anes
SLR- prelim

anyone else going to columbia, feel free to pm me... i can't wait to meet everyone...

peace

Congrats to all of you
Anes: MGH

I've my #1 choices!!!! :laugh:

UCLA anest :D
St Mary's in SF prelim

Congrats to all!!!
Don't forget to grab couple of glasses of old dark ale :luck:

tiffin25 said:
congrats to all...

columbia- anes
SLR- prelim

anyone else going to columbia, feel free to pm me... i can't wait to meet everyone...

peace

Hey Tiffin25, I'll be joining you at Columbia in 2006!

I'm doing a prelim year in medicine at Presbyterian in Dallas.

Congratulations to all of you!

txdoc2b said:
#1....staying "home" at UTMB!! Yea! :D What a great day!

Hope everyone enjoyed it and have fun but be safe tonight!! :luck:

Time it drop the "2b" from your name ;)

Malakai said:
Time it drop the "2b" from your name ;)

Hey Malakai-you are right....it is almost time for that!

And by the way-so you will be a U. FL?....maybe I "run into you" one day at TX Hearts in Houston in 3 years! ;) Who knows?

Congrats everyone!

UCLA

ucla anesthesia
uc irvine prelim!!!!

see some of you in 2006!!!!