Cool Pic Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
flagburn.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

thats soo funny......the guy deserves it for being such an dingus!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I can just about hear the guy screaming "It was deliberate, it was deliberate" (reference anyone?)...

El Duderino said:
I can just about hear the guy screaming "It was deliberate, it was deliberate" (reference anyone?)...

Frank Costanza?

Frank Costanza?

Hm.. No, I think I have pretty much every Frank Costanza-line ever down, and I don't remember him ever saying that.

Good effort, though!

I was thinking of Gimli in Lord of the Rings...

El Duderino said:
Hm.. No, I think I have pretty much every Frank Costanza-line ever down, and I don't remember him ever saying that.

Good effort, though!

I was thinking of Gimli in Lord of the Rings...

Ahh, but he did. In the famous marble rye episode he claimed that Susan's parents failure to put out the rye was "Deliberate, deliberate I tell you."

Oh my, correct you are. Though technically not the same line, I'm still very impressed.

I thought I was the biggest FC fan out there, but like Bobby Colby, I was sent home with a crater in my colon the size of a cutlet...

LADoc00 said:

So, burning an American flag automatically makes you a terrorist?

Or is “terrorist” this just century’s one-size-fits-all damnation that barnyard sheep have been instructed to bleat at anyone who hazards to be perceived as plodding out of lockstep with whatever is pandered off as American patriotism these days?

It’s depressing to see supposedly intelligent people, like doctors, so readily surrender their capacity to think for themselves.

Oh gawd, are we gonna start overanalyzing posts again?

SDN is not supposed to be some moral high ground.

I don't think doctors have the obligation to be morally upright. We just have to do our job, be nice to our patients during work hours, and do no harm. Whatever beliefs we have or whatever makes us laugh is our damn business. You have no right to judge doctors for laughing at this kind of stuff during our leisure time.

I saw this picture several months after 9/11. I thought it was absolutely hilarious!

Or is “terrorist” this just century’s one-size-fits-all damnation that barnyard sheep have been instructed to bleat at anyone who hazards to be perceived as plodding out of lockstep with whatever is pandered off as American patriotism these days?
Do I care? No.

It's pretty funny to be accused of not being able to think for myself while simultaneously being told what to think.

ps - Why do people continue to equate "doctor" with "physician"? That drives me nuts!

pps - My dad burned lots of American flags. He was a school custodian and the tradition is to burn them when they look ratty so that we don't have worn out looking flags. It's kind of considered patriotic to burn them privately at the end of their lifespan.

Members don't see this ad :)
salt said:

It’s depressing to see supposedly intelligent people, like doctors, so readily surrender their capacity to think for themselves.

What’s more, any doctor who finds some kind of joy in or thinks it’s “funny” to see the pain and suffering of other human beings—yes, even those with whom the doctor may have fundamental disagreements—is a shame and disgrace to the medical vocation.

What's Michael Moore doing browsing the SDN Path forums?

bananaface said:
ps - Why do people continue to equate "doctor" with "physician"? That drives me nuts!
I always equated doctors with physicians. And referred to the rest as PhD's, etc. Keeps things simpler for the people who don't usually live in hospitals.

Yes, because burning a flag is such a constructive and intelligent way to voice your objections. :laugh: I know it convinced me!

i like this STFU picture...consistent with one of my favorite movies.

stfu.jpg

bananaface said:
Let me rephrase. Why do people who should know better equate "doctors" to "physicians"? :p
Because everyone around me did. If I used "physician" in place of "doctor", 75% of my patient population in the last two weeks would have no clue what I was talking about.

Try explaining to a non-native-English-speaker what the difference is between "physician" and "physiatrist". Oh, and "physicist" for good measure. :D

AndyMilonakis said:

:laugh: :laugh:

Andy--

A Pathologist I worked with has this poster on his wall. It still makes me laugh when I see it!

We got a bunch of these kinds of pictures on the wall here at the lab.

My favorite one says:

"Your story has touched my heart! Never before have I come across a person with more trouble than you. Please accept this card as a token of my deepest sympathy. NOW F*CK OFF AND ANNOY SOMEONE ELSE!"

AndyMilonakis said:
We got a bunch of these kinds of pictures on the wall here at the lab.

My favorite one says:

"Your story has touched my heart! Never before have I come across a person with more trouble than you. Please accept this card as a token of my deepest sympathy. NOW F*CK OFF AND ANNOY SOMEONE ELSE!"

You have pictures like this up at work?? Your lab must be a very different environment than my lab. :laugh:

Of course we aren't even allowed to listen to music. :( Solution: I plaster my walkman to my head.

beary said:
You have pictures like this up at work?? Your lab must be a very different environment than my lab. :laugh:

Of course we aren't even allowed to listen to music. :( Solution: I plaster my walkman to my head.
yeah, we got a pretty loose environment here. we joke around, turn on music once in a while, go out to the bar for lunch and grab a few brews. sometimes we bring stuff here.

your environment sounds like the lab next door to us. they don't talk to each other much and they all wear headphones so they seem like they are in their own little worlds and don't wanna really interact with others.

i'm here still in the lab now and i got some Motorhead blasting on the CD player now. i'm gonna make it through their whole anthology by the time i leave :laugh:

AndyMilonakis said:
yeah, we got a pretty loose environment here. we joke around, turn on music once in a while, go out to the bar for lunch and grab a few brews. sometimes we bring stuff here.

your environment sounds like the lab next door to us. they don't talk to each other much and they all wear headphones so they seem like they are in their own little worlds and don't wanna really interact with others.

We joke around a lot too. I am really close to some of the people in my lab and I will miss seeing them everyday. But overall it is definitely a more formal environment I think - the only posters we have up are scientific types. :rolleyes:

beary said:
We joke around a lot too. I am really close to some of the people in my lab and I will miss seeing them everyday. But overall it is definitely a more formal environment I think - the only posters we have up are scientific types. :rolleyes:
Yeah, we don't have any scientific posters up actually. Some labs you'll see scientific posters in the hallway. Our lab...no way. We have about 5 STFU posters and several other F*ck Off posters.

It's been a while since we had a roton come through our lab...just kidding, we got 3 rotons coming in the next few months and one of the former rotons has just joined the lab. Clearly he hasn't heeded our advice to f*ck off. :laugh:

r1628422817.jpg

Like most of Andy's dates, this is one SCARY *****.

Oh please. What I see in that picture is more than someone merely expressing an opinion, it's hate. It's a hateful mob incensed by a dude proudly displaying his hate by setting fire to a flag. Don't tell me it's not an example of poetic justice that his hate comes back to bite him in the ass, even though he technically didn't do anything wrong.

I know it's not right to laugh at hatemongers, but sometimes they're just too damn stupid not to.

And if you think this is just an arrogant American speaking, I'm an old Europe European. :)

Amen...and my reply post to salt was made in that spirit.

If people have a problem with stuff that is posted on an internet forum, that's fine. But arguing on the internet is ******ed. Such energy is better spent fighting causes like Save the Dolphins or Americans Against NAMBLA.

arguingOnTheInternet.jpg

salt, you don't need to apologize for anything. everyone is entitled to their beliefs and the great thing about America is that we have the right to disagree. and if you want to come down hard on me for making fun of special people, by all means go ahead.

salt said:
Well, I’m afraid I do. USA Patriot Act Psy-Ops notwithstanding, who or what could deny me my right to have thoughts and make judgments? If those thoughts or judgments challenge you I make no apology.
Yeah, you're right. It was ******ed for me to say that you have no right to judge...

shave-owned.jpg

This must bring back memories LADoc00.

owned%20by%20spritze.jpg

it's OK LADoc00...I hated needles when I was a kid.

If I ever light a flag on fire in protest and I happen to get burned because of doing this, I hereby give people permission to laugh hysterically at me. Because that is karma.

But did you like The Police?

I have only come here seeking knowledge
Things they wouldn't teach me of in college
I can see the destiny you sold
Turned into a shining band of gold

I'll be wrapped around your finger

Mephistopheles is not your name
But I know what you're up to just the same
I will listen hard to intuition
And you will see it come to it's fruition

The police are okay. I was referring to Karma Police, a song by Radiohead.

Time for me to listen to that track.

Karma police, arrest this man, he talks in maths
He buzzes like a fridge, he’s like a detuned radio
Karma police, arrest this girl, her hitler hairdo, is making me feel ill
And we have crashed her party
This is what you get, this is what you get
This is what you get, when you mess with us

Karma police, I’ve given all I can, it’s not enough
I’ve given all I can, but we’re still on the payroll
This is what you get, this is what you get
This is what you get, when you mess with us
And for a minute there, I lost myself, I lost myself
And for a minute there, I lost myself, I lost myself

For a minute there, I lost myself, I lost myself....

That fat kid reminds me, have y'all seen the fan film "Anakin Dynamite" on the internet? It's pretty funny.