DO Forum Moderator

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SDN

Welcome to SDN
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi-

We're looking for a new volunteer moderator for this forum. Please let me know if you are interested.

Members must have more than 200 posts in order to be considered.

Best regards,
Lee

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if I'd put it that way lee. You might want to say must have been here longer than X number of months. This way people can just throw up random post padding and ask to be a moderator. :( Not that any of our users would EVER post pad... right guys??

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by cpw:
•I don't know if I'd put it that way lee. You might want to say must have been here longer than X number of months. This way people can just throw up random post padding and ask to be a moderator. :( Not that any of our users would EVER post pad... right guys??•

Uh yeah...sure. Post padding, what's that? ;)

Geez, can't a guy get a break around here? ;)

OK, CPW is right -- you don't need 200 posts, but you do need to have been a senior member for at least 4 months, with evidence of regular posting on the board during this time. Of course your posts will be reviewed, so post-padding won't be effective anyhow.

Now, regarding my post number -- I have no good excuse. I guess I'll have to resign and turn-over control to Dr. Cox. :eek:

Instead of King and Queen of SDN, I think Popoy and Kim should be the King and Queen of post padding. ;)

Originally posted by Stinky Tofu:
•Instead of King and Queen of SDN, I think Popoy and Kim should be the King and Queen of post padding. ;)

Me post padding?!.... I never.... ;) :D

So who'd like to step up to the plate and volunteer to be a moderator?

This site has been well kept thanks to moderators and administrators.... Thanks to them we have a venue to discuss our concerns, problems, insecurities, etc.

Later y'all.... :cool:

Popoy will be replacing Derek as the moderator for this forum. :)

Welcome Popoy!

Popoy if anybody deserves to be a moderator its you......congrats :D

Thanks!

If anyone has any concerns or problems about the Osteopathic Forum, please don't hesitate to send me a private message or email me....

I'll do my best as the moderator of the forum and look forward to working with everyone.

A big, thank you to Dr. Lee Burnett for giving me this opportunity....

Popoy rocks! Congrats!

Together ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I must protest. A new moderator named after only 1 & 1/2 hours? Not that Popoy isn't a good choice - I just doubt that others who may have been interested were given a fair shake. :mad:

Originally posted by Pilot:
•I must protest. A new moderator named after only 1 & 1/2 hours? Not that Popoy isn't a good choice - I just doubt that others who may have been interested were given a fair shake. :mad:

The moderators have been trying to make a decision regarding a new moderator for quite some time now.... so they didn't name a new moderator after only 1.5hours.... My name came up, for some time now, and I'm assuming I was under watchful eyes ;)

If you're interested in co-moderating, you may want to send Dr. Lee Burnett a private message and express your thoughts about it....

Originally posted by Jamier2:
•Good for you Popoy. I feel like we <sniff> cut our teeth together here at SDN. :D

Yup, jamier2.... I remember the time when SDN was down and we would all be chatting in the chatroom.... those were the dayzzz :D

You were one of the first folks I got to know in SDN.... Hope things are well in Kentucky....

I must protest. A new moderator named after only 1 & 1/2 hours? Not that Popoy isn't a good choice - I just doubt that others who may have been interested were given a fair shake.

Actually, Popoy was going to be the co-moderator of the Lounge. But when he saw that the osteopathic forum was open for moderation he asked if he could do it.

He's a perfect match for the forum, so I moved him from Lounge co-moderator to here.

However, if there are others that are interested in co-moderating, please let Popoy or me know!

Originally posted by Popoy:
[QB]The moderators have been trying to make a decision regarding a new moderator for quite some time now.... so they didn't name a new moderator after only 1.5hours.... My name came up, for some time now, and I'm assuming I was under watchful eyes ;)
QB]

Congrats Popoy!! :D You are a great choice! But I will say that I agree with Pilot too. I come here pretty regularly and I did not know the forum was up "for grabs" so to speak. I did not know they were wanting people to submit their names until Saturday night at 11:50pm when I signed on, only to find out that they had announced it, picked a person and then announced that name all with in 1.5 hours! :eek:

I am sure it was just because I missed the original announcement that they were looking for a new moderator. Was that a few weeks ago?

Again Congrats Popoy! You will do great here and at your first year this fall! When do you start classes?

Billie

Thanks Billie.... I started med school as you 5 days ago.... Are you interested in moderating?

Hey popoy,
congratulations on the new moderator position. they picked a good person for the job.

Originally posted by Popoy:
•Thanks Billie.... I started med school as you 5 days ago.... ?•

Unfortunately (or should that be fortunately :D ) I didn't start med school 5 days ago. These last 2 years I have been on the "year round" plan. Only 9 months to go til I get that degree! (does that mean I'm pregnant? :eek: )

I must admit I had desires in the past of someday being a moderator, but I really think you will do a great job and are most deserving of the post. Though I am here everyday, I don't post everyday, but I think you will be great! Good luck to you and school! By the way, how has the first week been?

Billie

Among the sea of unknown faces.... it's been scary and exciting all at the same time. I'm getting to know more and more people.... Studying-wise, it's pretty intense.... Now I know what other first year med students mean about the VOLUME being the hardest thing and not the material itself.... In about a week I'm going to have my first two exams.... So you may want to ask again then, I'll probably cry my heart out ;) Thanks for the words of encouragement....

Congratulations Popoy.

I am sure you will do a fine job.

Let me know if you ever need a partner-in-crime. ;)

Sorry...needed to add one thing...

600 posts!

WhooHoo!

::happydance::
::happydance::

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Well...601 now... :D

JPHazelton.... so are you interested in co-moderating? I can tell Dr. Burnett about it just give me the word.... :)

Members must have more than 200 posts in order to be considered.

Lee my post number never changes.
Diane

Originally posted by Diane Ev:
[QB]Members must have more than 200 posts in order to be considered.

Lee my post number doesn't include all my prior posts
Diane