envelopes for secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calbears84

professional baller
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
do we need to put "Secondary application enclosed" on the envelope when we send the secondaries? i heard the application would be delayed if that is not done..true?

Members don't see this ad.

i never did... and my applications all seemed processed in a timely manner.
schools know you're sending them secondaries...

how many stamps yo put on manilla envelope?

Would one be be enough?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it is $0.60, but don't quote me on it. I just sent out an app with two stamps on it. In the past that has worked for me.

when i was at the post office & they weighed one containing the 2ndary app + amcas printout, it = $0.83

Just take it to the post office and they will tell you. You don't want to not put enough stamps on there and it doesn't get there! I also sent mine so that I'd get a return receipt. It's good to get that confirmation and you aren't stuck worrying. Good luck to everyone applying this year!!

ok, not to be too "simple," but why not just send the secondary via regular mail? whether they send me a postcard confirming receipt or i call in 3 days to check if they've received it, i'll know that it's there, right? i'll probably use priority mail just because i'm only sending, like one secondary by snail mail, so it's not a big deal....but i was just wondering.

Maybe that's why I got rejected from a lot of schools. I forgot to put secondary enclosed and they never opened the envelope.

Originally posted by Jalby
Maybe that's why I got rejected from a lot of schools. I forgot to put secondary enclosed and they never opened the envelope.

hahaha! me too :) right on jalbrekt!