exactly how honest on secondary questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pwrpfgrl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
one of the questions on the GWU application is "what factors would be important to you in deciding whether to accept an offer of admission to GWU"

well, if i were to be honest, my answer would be financial aid (have you seen the tuition there?? geez!) but i'm not sure if that's really appropriate. I would also mention diversity of patient population, quality of hospitals, etc but i only have three lines so i need to keep it short.

what do you all think? is total honesty not the best idea?

Thanks!
:)

Members don't see this ad.

Well...considering that GW will be reading thousands of secondaries, and they can't weight that question too heavily if everyone says boring stuff, I wouldn't worry about saying something like "financial aid". I think my answer will mention cost of living (i.e.-financial aid) and something about family life (since I'm engaged).

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by qweewq11

42% to how many significant figures? :confused:

Whoa, you have the freakiest avatar ever!:laugh: :clap:

If you're expecting good financial aid from GWU, I wouldn't hold your breath. As they'll tell you when you interview, they have one of the highest tuitions and highest average debts. However, for that question, I would be honest in saying that cost is a factor for you, as it is for 99% of applicants, you're not really saying anything too radical there :)

given GWUs limited financial aid packages, i wouldn't say financial aid was your first priority...

I would talk about the other stuff and leave finances until you are admitted and deciding between tons of schools :)

I would talk about the other stuff you mentioned, and if you are so inclined I would include "cost of living" or "financial factors" toward the end. Honestly, everyone is concerned about cost, but -GW- specific items would be better to include on the secondary. Including items that are unique/strong points of their program and a good fit for you might be better to focus on. It shows that you bothered to read up about their school and know that you would be happy if you ended up matriculating.

Jessica is right. You would be a fool to mention that your main evaluation critieria is something that is a negative about that school. It would be like applying to UT Houston and saying that you main selection factor is temperate weather and cool temperatures.

Schools have so many qualified applicants that they are forced to look at ways to disqualifiy students rather than look for the good in them. Don't give them a reason to disqualify you.