Financial Aid Application Timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OreoLover365

Reaction score
I am a little confused on the timeline for when all the financial aid documents should be complete to ensure I receive the most aid available. I only have heard that the earlier I complete the docs, the better.

So far, I have submitted the FAFSA to every school where I’ve gotten an interview and the CSS Profile to schools where I have been accepted.

My main question is should I also go ahead and send the CSS Profile to schools that decide later (in Feb and March)? The CSS Profile charges a fee per school, so I was thinking of waiting until the decision. I just don’t know if submitting the CSS Profile later would decrease my chances of getting as much aid. My same question about the timing goes for any other non-FAFSA document that schools may require.

Any advice from previous applicants, current applicants, or adcoms would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
  • Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
I'd wait until you get an acceptance decision/check with each respective school since it's not like a school is going to waste time on your financial package before they get confirmation from admissions that you're admitted. MSAR also has info under "Tuition, Aid, and Debt". For example, Duke's MSAR specifically says "Students are encouraged to submit the applications as soon as possible after acceptance". This is obv school specific though

Reactions: 1 users