for class of 2007 people who're still working: when is yer last day at work

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm thinking sept 5 or 6th should just about do it for me, hell maybe even the first just to give myself a couple of weeks to chill. anybody free to come by davis around the beginning of september to feed me grapes and fan me with palm leaves?

Members don't see this ad.

July 31st, orientation starts August 20th

June 30th baby!
even so, I'll miss my colleagues :(

Members don't see this ad :)
July 15! I can't waitl!!!

Then on July 17, its off to Winston-Salem!

Aug. 1. Orientation starts Aug. 11. Need the money.

I work as an EMT and my last day is going to be July 2ed then I'm off to Ghana for volunteer work, so I don't know if that counts. Being an EMT is pretty easy I must say.

June 24 (tomorrow!!!!), then visit friends & family (scattered throughout the country), then gradually haul my stuff down to Los Angeles in time for orientation on August 4...

I was hoping for some substantial time off, but who am I to complain. If I wasnt so thankful I got in anywhere, I would say getting off the WL in mid-June is a pain in the rear!!! :)

Last day of work in Philly: July 18
Haul my crap to Michigan: July 19
Find an Apt: July 20-23
Move into said apt: July 24/25
Relax: for a week
Orientation: Aug 4-8

I know this thread is for the last day of work, but I couldn't help but share :)

Spin
:D :D :D

Last day of work: between August 1st (ideally) and August 7th (absolute latest). It depends on how much I need the money. An extra $1000 would be nice.
Leaving Seattle for Salt Lake City: August 8th
First day of orientation: August 18th

I am a little nervous about making ends meet after working full time for the past five years. I have gotten used to the $$, so will probably work as long as possible.

august 13th...i randomly pulled that date out of my head when my PI asked me for the last day i would be in the lab...i am not even sure what day of the week that falls on...after that its off to a two week vacation...and then oh yeah i guess i should move in to my place sometime before school...but thats just a minor detail:rolleyes:

Orientation: august 16
Last day at work: august 15th

explanation: my financial state is pathetic...its even more than that..its..its...I don't wanna talk bout it!!! :(

Originally posted by IOE
Orientation: august 16
Last day at work: august 15th

explanation: my financial state is pathetic...its even more than that..its..its...I don't wanna talk bout it!!! :(
I'm glad I'm not going to school with you. Orientation would be on my birthday! hey cheer up, no matter how much in debt you are now, you'll be an extra $80,000--200,000 by the time this is all over with. happy thoughts.

july 31 and then on to vacation with my family!

orientation: August 4th

last day of work: July 25th

I figure 1 week to move across country is plenty. :cool: