General Dentist moving to New York(help pls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ramforte

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI Guys.
I'm a General Dentist with 4 years of experience working in LA...graduated from UOP. I am looking to move to New York in the next year to be with my Boyfriend and I'm slightly worried I won't be able to find a job quickly. for those of you in NY , how hard is it to find a part time job as a general dentist in Manhattan or Brooklyn ?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
HI Guys.
I'm a General Dentist with 4 years of experience working in LA...graduated from UOP. I am looking to move to New York in the next year to be with my Boyfriend and I'm slightly worried I won't be able to find a job quickly. for those of you in NY , how hard is it to find a part time job as a general dentist in Manhattan or Brooklyn ?

In general it's pretty tough.. I mean it's NYC. Like in SF, most private offices look for an associate for only 1-2 days, so you end up associating at 2-3 places to work a full week. Not sure about corporate. I would just get right on the ball trying to find places, and then once you are finally here then you can filter out the good and the bad offices.