remove pls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What should I do?

• Retake

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Appeal

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

iAnonymouse

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
removed

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Based off the photo I think there’s a clear protrusion from the apex greater or equal to .5mm. Regardless of where the probe was placed, that’s still a lot of gutta percha out the apex. Not worth fighting, just redo the section.

One of the authors/contributors to Cohen's Pathways Of The Pulp was the endo chair at my school. He had obturated on one of my school patients upper canine. The fill went 5 mm beyond. All the other instructors who saw the x-ray became furious on who did the endo until they found out and became hushed. Although not Board settings, the apical stop can collapse. I find many PARL cases has that potential where the apex may be resorbing.

If appealing doesn't black list or hurt you, try the process out. In the mean time, I agree to redo the section.

Thank you. 5mm beyond apex is a lot.. this is just max 0.5 mm if measured at the anatomical apex on the left side imho.
My point in the real world setting (not Board setting) is that big mishaps can happen to the best of us. I believe that the overfilled tooth was a re-treatment. After I obtained the WL, I always instrument 0.5 mm short. I pre-measure my GP cone to 0.5 mm short to the reference point. I like to feel the "tug back." If the GP is going thru the apical stop, I cut the tip accordingly and re-verify. In the real world, I use bioceramic sealer like AH Plus and Brasseler Endosequence and pump the sealer with my master cone to allow the sealer to flow. Sometimes you will see like 5 apical accessory canals and lateral canals patent.