General Surgery Interviews as of October 17, 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Number of interviews:

• 1-3

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • 4-7

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • 8-10

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • 11-15

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • >15

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ezangjen

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As of October 17th, how many interview offers have you received?

Members don't see this ad.

These poll results are a little skewed all. Don't think that everyone has more than 10 interviews!

you should also have a poll for how many programs applied to which would account for the skew in the above results

Members don't see this ad :)
you should also have a poll for how many programs applied to which would account for the skew in the above results

I suppose I should add that I applied to 40 programs (with my lackluster board scores), mostly community, and have 11 interviews. I knew I had to apply far and wide.

Applied to 25 programs so far. Have heard back from 10. I'm already tired and have yet to start the interviewing trail :D .

I applied to 40 programs - community and 1st tier - have 17 interview offers thus far...

Ok, y'all are freaking me out because I applied to 45 places and only have 6 interviews so far. :scared:

I applied to around 30 programs, concentrated in the West Coast. I have 6 interviews, 4 actual and 2 automatic that I expect to receive later. I submitted my application about two weeks after 9/1 and did not get my final LOR in until last week.

I applied to around 30 programs, concentrated in the West Coast. I have 6 interviews, 4 actual and 2 automatic that I expect to receive later. I submitted my application about two weeks after 9/1 and did not get my final LOR in until last week.
filter07, out of curiosity what are the 4 actual interviews so far? i haven't heard much from out west yet.

I applied to45 programs and have 12 interviews, mostly academic and a few hybrid programs.

After not matching last year, I didn't know how programs would view me. So, I applied to ... drumroll please ... 54 programs :eek: :scared: :eek: !! What was I thinking?!? I've had 16 interview offers and only one rejection. :luck: I only have 3 weeks during which to interview, so I'm going to have to really play this game smart so I am not left empty handed again. Still wondering what is taking the other 37 programs so long.

Good luck everyone!

10 interviews, 1 wait list for interview, 1 rejection thus far

Good luck this year THE instiGATOR.

21 interviews, no rejections. Still havent heard from some of the bigger academic programs though.