Grinding it out til Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mms437

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ridiculously anxious for March 13. Just thinking that this one day can literally dictate your entire career is insane. Thinking about the devastation if i do not Match is pure misery. THe process of scrambling/starting an intern year and scrapping from there seems like hell.
I am unable to focus on my current rotation. Pretty much consumed with thoughts of march 13. The worst part of this whole thing is that I have been 100% Anesthesia from the middle of my 3rd year. I have no other workable options. I think i would rather retire than do anything else in medicine. honestly, if i had to be a primary care physician I would switch careers.
anyways, my best wishes go out to every 4th year who genuinely wants to deliver anesthesia as a career.
GOod Luck

Members don't see this ad.

Try planning a nice vacation to the Caribbean as a personal reward for Matching. It sounds like you need one. But, you better do something to focus yourself, otherwise you'll be calling your top programs one day and asking for any hints as to where you were on their match list.

What is the 13th anyway? I thought Match Day was the 16th. Is that when you're told you didn't match anywhere?

Relax, this one day won't determine your entire career. Theres plenty of options and paths no matter where you match

Members don't see this ad :)
BubbleHead said:
Try planning a nice vacation to the Caribbean as a personal reward for Matching. It sounds like you need one. But, you better do something to focus yourself, otherwise you'll be calling your top programs one day and asking for any hints as to where you were on their match list.

What is the 13th anyway? I thought Match Day was the 16th. Is that when you're told you didn't match anywhere?

March 13 is the "IF" you matched day. I am a little more stressed out about that as opposed to the "WHERE". I would be happy at all the places I ranked - granted a little happier if it is a program toward to the top of my list. My stress is totally about the possibility of scrambling. So I am not as stressed out as some people - but my stress level will definitely decrease significantly after 10am (az time) in 8 days, 19hours, 36 minutes!

Actually I was considering a vacation to St. Thomas or the Cayman Islands. A good idea I think. If (once?) I match, I can see myself spening money much more liberally. This would put me in the running for such a trip.
And to the last poster. I agree. my stress is 100% about scrambling/not having a program to train at during my intern year. If i match anywhere I will have a huge smile on my face.
Take it easy.

yeah, waiting 2 more weeks for the match results is absolutely torture... In the meanwhile, I'll spend my time planning for my China/Southeast Asia trip... I'll be away for almost 10 weeks... booyah!!! With that being said, I'm willing to forgo this trip just to match at one of my top 3. I'm such a loser! :D

Sugar72 said:
March 13 is the "IF" you matched day. I am a little more stressed out about that as opposed to the "WHERE". I would be happy at all the places I ranked - granted a little happier if it is a program toward to the top of my list. My stress is totally about the possibility of scrambling. So I am not as stressed out as some people - but my stress level will definitely decrease significantly after 10am (az time) in 8 days, 19hours, 36 minutes!

Hear hear girl!

:cool:
mms437 said:
Actually I was considering a vacation to St. Thomas or the Cayman Islands. A good idea I think. If (once?) I match, I can see myself spening money much more liberally. This would put me in the running for such a trip.
And to the last poster. I agree. my stress is 100% about scrambling/not having a program to train at during my intern year. If i match anywhere I will have a huge smile on my face.
Take it easy.

Will be smoking Cubans and sipping on the very best ice cold beer Mexico has to offer in June in Los Cabos. Just a little longer......Just a little longer......

What if you didnt rank any prelim years, will you learn where you ranked on the 13th so that you can pick your prelim year near where you ranked for anesthesia?

Thebeyonder said:
What if you didnt rank any prelim years, will you learn where you ranked on the 13th so that you can pick your prelim year near where you ranked for anesthesia?

Nope. You'll only know whether or not you matched on the 13th, but not where.